Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski Show Stunt

martinarcher

martinarcher

I've always wondered...how do they stop? Without piling up anyway?

I know it. 36 skiers behind that Hydrodyne! That's a lot of people dropping at once. They would have to drop one pyramid at a time.

I've always wondered...how do they stop? Without piling up anyway?

in a 6 person pyramid, there are 3 'base' skiers,,,to dismantle, the top 3 climb down and

ride on the base persons skis with them.

show teams do this all the time and are judged both for assembly, show, and disassembly

and usually they ride it all the way out, end up coasting into the shore/show ramp.

base skiers 'show' skis are very wide and support alot of weight without much speed,

we've done a 'homey' 3 person pyramid using a deep water start, and having the

top person climb up, using regular 'pair' skis,,,,,the top person has to drop skis, so

have a 'pick up' boat so no others will hit your skis left behind

Not sure. I found it while searching for Hydrodyne's. The boat has two big outboards on it. Need some horsies to pull 36 skiers!

Noticed that as well. Boat doesnt appear to be that big either, maybe 18'?

martinarcher

Noticed that as well. Boat doesnt appear to be that big either, maybe 18'?

Yeah I think it's an 18' Hydrodyne. They were pretty big in the ski/barefoot world back in the late 70's.

Here's a pretty bad a$$ one! It would certainly be a wild ride with 3 300's on the transom! The board I found the pic on said they ran 1000lbs in the bow to keep the nose down.

320173039.jpg

Yeah I think it's an 18' Hydrodyne. They were pretty big in the ski/barefoot world back in the late 70's.

Here's a pretty bad a$$ one! It would certainly be a wild ride with 3 300's on the transom! The board I found the pic on said they ran 1000lbs in the bow to keep the nose down.

320173039.jpg

Holy crap that's alot of ponies!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wonder Lake always has one of the more amazing shows out there. Last year they had a 6 man front flip jump act...they were pretty much shoulder to shoulder coming over that ramp.

The boat with the triples is for the Aqua Jays Ski Club in Janesville, WI, I go and see two or three shows a year. They perform on Wed and Sun along with all the nationals on the weekends. Very nice looking boat and quite the stump puller. You can see the name on the side towards the back. It also says Rock River Marina on the top deck up front.