Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stow-Zall Boat Canopy Storage Net

Oberon

I'm interested in reviews of the Stow-Zall Boat Canopy Storage Net (or something similar). It seems like this would be nice to de-clutter the boat and during the day. I wouldn't leave anything of value overnight. I was originally interested to store our tube but on second look I don't think there will be enough room. So, if you have something like this I'm interested to hear reviews. What do you use it for? Is it worth $119 (email quote)? Or, does it just collect dust?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Oberon

I'm not trying to piss in your cheerios but, that looks like nothing but a tarp with some straps attached to it.

$119 for some $30 hardware store items?

It seems like a good place to store your stuff but, there's only that one pic. and one page on the website? No other info.?

I'm not trying to piss in your cheerios but, that looks like nothing but a tarp with some straps attached to it.

$119 for some $30 hardware store items?

It seems like a good place to store your stuff but, there's only that one pic. and one page on the website? No other info.?

It's mesh like a trampoline so your stuff can dry.

Even if the items could be purchased for $30 from the hardware store my time is worth something and sewing is not one of my core competencies so it's probably a losing proposition to attempt to make one. I don't know if I even want or need this, which is why I'm soliciting reviews. My choices are 1) spend $0 and change nothing, 2) spend $119 and get a shelf, or 3) spend $30 and get an amateur built tarp shelf. Right now I'm leaning toward option 1).

Edited by Oberon

Option D - Go to a surplus store and get some surplus netting and some webbing (or even ¼" rope). Weave the rope/webbing through the netting (no sewing involved) and attach it on both sides of the canopy.

If you need the extra storage, it's a lot of unused space. If you don't need the storage, don't bother doing anything.

Option D - Go to a surplus store and get some surplus netting and some webbing (or even ¼" rope). Weave the rope/webbing through the netting (no sewing involved) and attach it on both sides of the canopy.

If you need the extra storage, it's a lot of unused space. If you don't need the storage, don't bother doing anything.

I like that idea. This is why I asked...thanks.

I like that idea. This is why I asked...thanks.

:thumbup: That's what I did for my buddy's lift canopy. Works great. His "shelf" is about 6' deep. It has a crossline at each end and one in the middle for additional support so that it doesn't droop.