Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1989 Malibu Sunsetter Eurosport F3 (Thoughts)

kdub

I'm on my second Euro F3 Sunsetter, the first was an 89 and the current is a 90. I can't think of any issues specific to this model. It is a great towboat! Not known for being a phenomenal wakeboard or surf boat, but as you'll find by hanging out here, people have done some very creative things with ballast systems on these older boats.

I'd say get some decent tunes in it, get it on the water and have some fun with it for a little while before you jump in and start making any significant modifications to it. At it's age, unless they've changed things out, expect some little minor things to not always function perfectly... Fuel gauge, oil pressure, bilge pump, blower, etc... are all things that could be a little spotty if they've never been updated, but then again you may have zero problems, hence the reason I said get it out on the water and have some fun before you worry about too much.

Not sure if it's your first inboard or not, but if it is, take it slow and learn the differences that these boats have to offer over I/O's or Outboards...

In my opinion, these are some of the best boats on the water at their price (I picked my current one up for 4k). Enjoy the water and your "new" boat!

Here is my '92. This was a great boat. Added a couple fat sacks next to motorbox and wake was okay. Used to have pics, but can't find them.

post-161-053413500 1300508207_thumb.jpg

Mt first BU is a 93 that I restored. Theya re great boats, I would make sure the floor is good.

Yours looks like it was wonderfully cared for.

Welcome and ENJOY!

Mt first BU is a 93 that I restored. Theya re great boats, I would make sure the floor is good.

Yours looks like it was wonderfully cared for.

Welcome and ENJOY!

Make sure the wood is good, that is the only thing I can think of that could be a problem.

PS, these are my favorite boats of all time. I just love the look of the Euro's

:rockon:

There is always something ...even with the new boats. I would check the lag bolts where the motor is attached. Those can be a point of weakness..I had to reinforce my mounts with a brace as I did not want to re-do the floor.