Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Tower mirror!!!

Wakesetter67

Just received my MALIBU...aka Samson tower Mirror from bakes today, Which By the Way Great service and Fast!!! Lets just say that mirror is a work of art, I went back and forth on this mirror, I even spent countless Minutes on the Boat house section looking at this on other boats, I will have to say this will look awesome on the boat, & i hope functional as well!! Thanks again Paul for the Great service, & Crew discount!! :clap:

Just received my MALIBU...aka Samson tower Mirror from bakes today, Which By the Way Great service and Fast!!! Lets just say that mirror is a work of art, I went back and forth on this mirror, I even spent countless Minutes on the Boat house section looking at this on other boats, I will have to say this will look awesome on the boat, & i hope functional as well!! Thanks again Paul for the Great service, & Crew discount!! :clap:

Your welcome! Thanks for the business and support!!!

Cheers

Paul

Ah, no picture? You've been around long enough...now get too it... :crazy:

I know I know...Boat is At Exile, I Will go by and do a quick install, Pic's to follow...

Edited by Wakesetter67

Thats a cool upgrade :rockon: , I ordered the same mirror for the 2011, after having a boat with no mirror on the windshield I dont think I would ever want anything else. I also like how they designed it be removeable and can fold up out of the way when stowing the tower. Did yours come with the 3 way view on it?

Sweet....I had one ordered for my new 2011 and was somewhat up in the air about the center windshield mounted mirror vs tower mounted. Glad it is a quality piece.

I want one bad but not for a divorce! My 1977 blonde says not another penny :argue:

I mentioned something about it awhile back to my wife, and she ramble off something about it's brand new what else could you need.....She wont even know the difference...LOL Edited by Wakesetter67

I mention something about it awhile back to my wife, and she ramble off something about it's brand new what else could you need.....She wont even know the differance...LOL

Just curious, what did you not like about the windshield mirror mount? likes and dislikes? Obviously you spent a good chunk of change on a new mirror so I guess it did not meet your expectiations?

Just curious, what did you not like about the windshield mirror mount? likes and dislikes? Obviously you spent a good chunk of change on a new mirror so I guess it did not meet your expectiations?

i believe it is easier to see the rider on the outside with the tower mirror. i want a samson but everytime i get ready to buy it something in the house breaks and the money goes to repair it. I guess a broken boiler in January is more important than a mirror ? :unsure:

I was never a big fan of the windshield Mirror, I had a 1996 Sanger with a Samson mirror on it , not only did it look better, it also had the three lens adjustment. And I will have to admit. I saw some other boats with this style, and I think it looks tough, and kinda fills up the space between the windshield and the tower... And if you really want to know why... I just sold My old high school Car. Had that baby for 31 years, Paid 5400.00 Back in 1980, Sold her for 8100.00 just about doubled my money!!! So I had to spoil myself a little :yahoo:

I was never a big fan of the windshield Mirror, I had a 1996 Sanger with a Samson mirror on it , not only did it look better, it also had the three lens adjustment. And I will have to admit. I saw some other boats with this style, and I think it looks tough, and kinda fills up the space between the windshield and the tower... And if you really want to know why... I just sold My old high school Car. Had that baby for 31 years, Paid 5400.00 Back in 1980, Sold her for 8100.00 just about doubled my money!!! So I had to spoil myself a little :yahoo:

Nice investment! Every time you gaze into that mirror it will bring back memories of your highschool ride! For me, I never thought it was a good idea to put a mirror on the window frame, and I would think the visibility is going to be much better lifted up in the air. I really liked having it off the window on my Supra.

Nice investment! Every time you gaze into that mirror it will bring back memories of your highschool ride! For me, I never thought it was a good idea to put a mirror on the window frame, and I would think the visibility is going to be much better lifted up in the air. I really liked having it off the window on my Supra.

Well that was about the last accessory I will be adding for awhile... The next big purchase will be a full tank of gas LOL

Well that was about the last accessory I will be adding for awhile... The next big purchase will be a full tank of gas LOL

Thats what WE all say, but you know there will always be something! and I agree, a tank full of gas or "liquid gold" will be a little painful this summer.

Thats what WE all say, but you know there will always be something! and I agree, a tank full of gas or "liquid gold" will be a little painful this summer.

Are Docking lights a big waste of money?? See their I go again: :whistle: Edited by Wakesetter67

I want one bad but not for a divorce! My 1977 blonde says not another penny :argue:

1977 Blonde... lol... i'm going to use this when I refer to my wife now... that's awesome

-Paul

Are Docking lights a big waste of money?? See their I go again: :whistle:

Depends what you want them for... they are nice for docking but don't act like head lights for driving on the water at night.

Don't worry I will help you with the "there is always something" problem... :innocent:

-Paul

Depends what you want them for... they are nice for docking but don't act like head lights for driving on the water at night.

Don't worry I will help you with the "there is always something" problem... :innocent:

-Paul

And You have!! So Paul how far is your shop from Gig Harbor??

Here is one, i did not have much room in there shop, So front shot a coming.. XM005.jpgxxm3.jpg

I like it, I kind of regret not ordering it from the factory. I think I have the factory windshield mount coming, so if I remove it I will have holes in the windshield.

Has anyone ever tried to use the Flow Cam to stream live to malivue and watch the rider (making malivue the rear view camera)?

I like it, I kind of regret not ordering it from the factory. I think I have the factory windshield mount coming, so if I remove it I will have holes in the windshield.

Has anyone ever tried to use the Flow Cam to stream live to malivue and watch the rider (making malivue the rear view camera)?

I have played with it live at the boat shows quite a bit. It would work, but you still have to look down quite a bit to see the screen. It would however be nice to have in addition to the tower mirror. Even with the mirror you have a couple of blind spots.

You can remove it and fill the black holes with little nylon inserts that push and snap in. They have them at Lowe's and places like that. It'll look good that way.