Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Like to add Fat Sac to 2007 VLX for surfing

KenD

Hey all,

I would like to add more weight to my 07 VLX for surfing (versus having my dad sit in the back) and I am looking at the Fat Sac V-drive bags that are 400lb each for the rear lockers. They are recommending the Tsunami pumps. The total would be $300 for all in...do I need anything else? Special connectors, etc.

Any other recommendations?

Ken

Hey all,

I would like to add more weight to my 07 VLX for surfing (versus having my dad sit in the back) and I am looking at the Fat Sac V-drive bags that are 400lb each for the rear lockers. They are recommending the Tsunami pumps. The total would be $300 for all in...do I need anything else? Special connectors, etc.

Any other recommendations?

Ken

I will be adding a 750 sac to my rear locker, and probably another 750 on the seat, and maybe even a 400(V-drive sac) in the bow. Might be a little overkill since I've been able to get a decent wave with the stock ballast and a couple people in the boat.

The tsunami pumps work great! And if you're buying the pumps and the bags stock, you shouldn't have to purchase anything else unless you plan on plumbing them in to the stock ballast.

Ken get the 750 you dont have to fill it all the way if you dont want to but you will :biggrin:

I (and many others) started with the 750 and now have gone to the 1100 but thats just because in this case bigger is better.