Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HDS Leak (...I know...I know)

To hold the shaft log in place?

And yes, I have seen a lot of different types of boats built, and you don't see screws on the outside of a hull that don't have a metal backing plate very often. Not saying it wrong, I was just thrown off by that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 85 Barefoot

• theaslip

• 99response

• eyepeeler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NO we bought directly from Malibu. We had a 2007 that had some problems that Malibu could not fix (HH), so they took the 2007 back and we bought a 2010.

Even after I capped the cold and hot water lines, we still got water in the boat. Not as much, but enough to make me spend time looking for the source. And I was never able to identify the origin.

I am not familiar with the dripless seal, but after the engine was shut off, a steady stream of warm/hot water would drip outta the seal for 5-10 minutes. I am not sure if they work that way, and not sure if Malibu fixed that problem. The line supplying water to the dripless seal come off the engine block, so water supplied to the seal is 160 degrees.

Either way, malibu isnt going to ship a boat with those lines connected its against protocol. Not a qc issue.

As to seal, pictures please...not the way either of my dripless systems are plumbed.

Dripless ones I've seen comes off the trans cooler which would be lake temp water, but I haven't seen an 2010s.

As for the lines, every boat manufacturer ships boats winterized/drained down.

Dripless ones I've seen comes off the trans cooler which would be lake temp water, but I haven't seen an 2010s.

As for the lines, every boat manufacturer ships boats winterized/drained down.

Right....only other way i have seennis plmbed on pressure side of raw water pump

jkendallmsce

Either way, malibu isnt going to ship a boat with those lines connected its against protocol. Not a qc issue.

As to seal, pictures please...not the way either of my dripless systems are plumbed.

If a boat is purchased thru the factory, then someone should have checked the hoses at the Merced plant prior to the customer picking up the boat. Specially if the protocal is to ship boat with lines disconnnected!! And the folks at Merced know the protocol is to ship all boats with lines disconnected.

When we picked up the 2007, Mike Sanchez had the boat parked in front of the plant, all cleaned up and ready to go, as Mike said.

Good thing I checked the engine, as every hose, sensor, etc was unplugged and or disconnected. Good thing we did not drive 2 hours to the lake and drop it in, run it w/o checking that the lines and hoses had been connected.

I may be taking the boat out next week, so I'll take pics.

thanks for the info.

If a boat is purchased thru the factory, then someone should have checked the hoses at the Merced plant prior to the customer picking up the boat. Specially if the protocal is to ship boat with lines disconnnected!! And the folks at Merced know the protocol is to ship all boats with lines disconnected.

When we picked up the 2007, Mike Sanchez had the boat parked in front of the plant, all cleaned up and ready to go, as Mike said.

Good thing I checked the engine, as every hose, sensor, etc was unplugged and or disconnected. Good thing we did not drive 2 hours to the lake and drop it in, run it w/o checking that the lines and hoses had been connected.

I may be taking the boat out next week, so I'll take pics.

thanks for the info.

How is it you are buying boats from Malibu and not a dealer?

• 9 years later...