Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shark seriously injures Australian wakeboarder

CTSunsetter

This made it to the morning news in Connecticut today:

CANBERRA, Australia

A shark mauled a woman who fell off a wakeboard towed by a speedboat off Australia.

New South Wales state Ambulance Service spokesman John Wilson said the 24-year-old woman was attacked Wednesday in Nelson Bay, north of Sydney. She suffered head, neck and arm injuries.

The boat driver apparently delivered her to a wharf where paramedics stabilized her condition before she was taken by helicopter to a hospital.

Helicopter crewman Glen Rampling said the woman fell from her wakeboard before she was attacked.

A hospital spokeswoman, who declined to be identified citing hospital policy, described the woman's condition as stable.

Sketchy!!! Glad to hear it sounds like she is all right.

I'm glad the worst thing we have to worry about on our lakes is Jet Skier's following too close to the boat....

-Paul

I'm glad the worst thing we have to worry about on our lakes is Jet Skier's following too close to the boat....

-Paul

That's what I was thinking! I can't imagine being out in an environment where stuff would like to eat you.

-Paul

Might not be so good, last report on News was that she will probably lose her arm.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8224704/woman-in-serious-condition-after-shark-attack-off-nsw-coast-Nelson-Bay

Edited by Flamingturbo