Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Interior

Wade Massey

We are in the process of restoring an old 88 model skier. Is there anywhere that we can get the interior patterns, or the foam already pre-cut? Any help is appreciated!

from what i've been told 'chee'; who works at the malibu factory, can do this for you but getting ahold of him is proving to be impossible for me. I've called his number from the forum as well as contacted malibu directly. The malibu rep told me she'd pass my number along, but i never received a call back. I just went with a local shop to redo everything for me.

from what i've been told 'chee'; who works at the malibu factory, can do this for you but getting ahold of him is proving to be impossible for me. I've called his number from the forum as well as contacted malibu directly. The malibu rep told me she'd pass my number along, but i never received a call back. I just went with a local shop to redo everything for me.

Yeah, what's up with that? How many sales do you have to pass up before you think "Maybe I should hire a helper and buy another machine".

I did it with my 93 Sunsetter.

I used the old foams as a pattern and rebuilt and fiberglass encased the new seat posts/frames. It was a bit of work but very fun in the process.

I had a local shop do the work on the vinyls and it turned out great.

What started a a few piece replacement turned into a complete rebuild.

As far as Chee, I spoke to him once. I'm not sure how everyone got his name but he works in the back at the California location. He tried to help but the older boats there are only a few pieces laying around that "might work"

He's not part of the regular contact people out there as far as I know.

Yeah, what's up with that? How many sales do you have to pass up before you think "Maybe I should hire a helper and buy another machine".

Same thing for me. I called and called, left a couple messages, and then gave up. :?

Same thing for me. I called and called, left a couple messages, and then gave up. :?

No, I do not have any pictures. I can get some, but it will be this weekend before I can take them. Thanks for all of the help. My wife is planninng on doing the fabric work herself as she has an industrial type machine and has some experience recovering chairs and such. I guess we will start with the back, and work our way forward.

martinarcher

No, I do not have any pictures. I can get some, but it will be this weekend before I can take them. Thanks for all of the help. My wife is planninng on doing the fabric work herself as she has an industrial type machine and has some experience recovering chairs and such. I guess we will start with the back, and work our way forward.

If she's sewing the new skins for the boat the best bet would be to carefully disassemble the existing interior and use the old skins as a template for the new ones. I know Chee dopes this with some of the old boats. If you want a replacement skin he asks you to send in the old one to use as a quick template. Thumbup.gif

Good luck - I'll looking forward to seeing pics of your progress. Be sure to keep us updated. Most don't sew their own skins. I think that is pretty cool! Rockon.gif