Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

3 Things I Learned Today

WakingMeHappy

I changed my oil today. I know, it should be changed during winterizing, but that just didn't happen. So here's what I learned today.

1. Don't tow the boat out of the back yard while oil is draining because the jug will tip over and spill oil in your back yard. Fortunately it was the second jug so there wasn't much oil in it. :cry:

2. When you do this and stop in the driveway you will have a small puddle of oil on the concrete. This is when you screw the cap back on the drain tube. :badmood:

3. When you drive the boat across town make sure to pull the oil drain tube back into the bilge or the cap you just put on gets all messed up when it scrapes along the road. :Frustrated:

Edited by WakingMeHappy

I changed my oil today. I know, it should be changed during winterizing, but that just didn't happen. So here's what I learned today.

1. Don't tow the boat out of the back yard while oil is draining because the jug will tip over and spill oil in your back yard. Fortunately it was the second jug so there wasn't much oil in it. :cry:

2. When you do this and stop in the driveway you will have a small puddle of oil on the concrete. This is when you screw the cap back on the drain tube. :badmood:

3. When you drive the boat across town make sure to pull the oil drain tube back into the bilge or the cap you just put on gets all messed up when it scrapes along the road. :Frustrated:

Someone is getting a little excited that spring is coming!!!:lol:

I love it! Sorry, not that I am glad you had one of those days. That was last weekend for me, just in the motorhome, not the boat!

Sit down have a beverage. Spring is coming. :beer:

Like a full court press on the oil change.....slow it down!!! (2 kids, each with double header games today, at the gym from 9am to 4:30pm). But hey, at least you were near your boat!

If you don't mind, I think I identified some other nuggets of knowledge you may have overlooked:

1. If you are ever in a fight or have to storm a castle, alsphalt is definitely tougher than rubber

2. There was a recent thread on TMC about oil extractors

3. You're in a lot less of a hurry to put the boat away in the fall than you are to get it out in the spring

So many times I've put my boat away thinking "Yeah, but I'll get to that in the spring" and when spring comes all I want to do is drop it in and go!

Of all the mishaps, I can't remember who it was, but the best one was the guy whose trailer & boat rolled down the driveway and smashed into a plow or something. At least THAT didn't happen!

Of all the mishaps, I can't remember who it was, but the best one was the guy whose trailer & boat rolled down the driveway and smashed into a plow or something. At least THAT didn't happen!

I know a guy on here who tried to stop his rolling boat on trailer with his bare hands and it folded one of his hands back the wrong way. And, if you ask me, that guy isn't big enough to stop such a thing. All this to save it from hitting the back of his truck.

I know a guy on here who tried to stop his rolling boat on trailer with his bare hands and it folded one of his hands back the wrong way. And, if you ask me, that guy isn't big enough to stop such a thing. All this to save it from hitting the back of his truck.

No you know two, the other on got it turned enough to go into the bushes not across the street :blush:

No you know two, the other on got it turned enough to go into the bushes not across the street :blush:

Holy cow Sixball, your grammar in this post looks like you have been into a six pack! :crazy:

Edited by Malibuzer

WakingMeHappy

I called, the EPA will be over in the morning to dig the first 4 feet of soil off and bake it. It will then be your job to spreed and grade it don't forget to throw grass seed down.

The concrete crew will be another week before they can get there to brake and hall the drive away.

It will be fine all is well. :biggrin:

WakingMeHappy

I called, the EPA will be over in the morning to dig the first 4 feet of soil off and bake it. It will then be your job to spreed and grade it don't forget to throw grass seed down.

The concrete crew will be another week before they can get there to brake and hall the drive away.

Dude, you shouldn't have done that. I've put a call into the DEQ, they will perform an impact study on what the EPA is doing. Odds are they won't be happy. But hey, I've done my job. Will someone volunteer to call DOT? We simply can't have oil and rubber all over our streets.

martinarcher

Like a full court press on the oil change.....slow it down!!! (2 kids, each with double header games today, at the gym from 9am to 4:30pm). But hey, at least you were near your boat!

If you don't mind, I think I identified some other nuggets of knowledge you may have overlooked:

1. If you are ever in a fight or have to storm a castle, alsphalt is definitely tougher than rubber

2. There was a recent thread on TMC about oil extractors

3. You're in a lot less of a hurry to put the boat away in the fall than you are to get it out in the spring

So many times I've put my boat away thinking "Yeah, but I'll get to that in the spring" and when spring comes all I want to do is drop it in and go!

Isn't that the truth! Winterization is a slow three week "cool down" process for me. Kind of a mourning period. LOL.gif

:Doh: Thats for amatures. My Day:

1: Go to garage to work on customers car. Supposed to be done today.

2. Wife calls up, toilet backed up.

3. Turns out sewer is backed up.

4. Plug is between house and road.

5. No clean out available, must disassemble sewer pipe.

6. Spill Gallons of sewage under house in order to run snake (unavoidable)

7. Car I bought shows up on flatbed....must follow through with purchase.

8. Buyer shows up for car I am trying to sell.

9. Snake out sewer....successful.

10. return rented snake......

11. run home to shower.....

12 dinner party with friends....at their house

13. come home to a really, really, smelly house.

14. Customers car not done. Not even started.

15. A little drunk at moment from dinner party.... :wine:

Edited by Ruffdog

Casual Observations in no particular order:

1. Do It Yourself is not dead, at least in the Malibu Crew.

2. Spellcheck is not working on the Malibu Crew

3. I am not the only one to sacrifice my body when my boat started rolling down the driveway. (1980 , Metalflake Glastron 115 Outboard)

4. Malibu Crew guys are not ashamed to share their mishaps.

5. No matter how big the story is, Ruffdog out Ruffdogs the rest of us.

6. I plan on changing the oil/filter in my Duramax today, myself, in my garage, without supervision.

7. Just because I own the nifty red rollaway tool chest complete with every tool i have accumulated since high school in 1964 does not make me a mechanic.

8. Yes, I have heard of Jiffy Lube. The cars get dealer service until the warranty runs out.

9. Stay tuned for the story about 10 quarts of oil all over my garage stall.

:innocent:

What was worse than the pain involved (it hurts when the top of your hand lays back flat on your forearm :shocked: ) is the fact that a new tailgate for the truck would have been cheaper than the doctor bills. :cry:

I now own wheel chocks. :biggrin:

This thread is funny, especially considering I just spilled paint all over my carpet doing an inside house project. Nowe I just kneed two mis pell sum werds.

Edited by msuwaterski

WakingMeHappy

Already ahead of you. I built a fake oil well. When the EPA shows up I plan on telling them I struck it rich. I’ll also wear a towel on my head and use a fake Arabic accent just to make it more realistic.

Already ahead of you. I built a fake oil well. When the EPA shows up I plan on telling them I struck it rich. I’ll also wear a towel on my head and use a fake Arabic accent just to make it more realistic.

Be careful! They might send in the CIA to make a regime change! :crazy: