Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hot N Cold Shower

Wakesetter67

You'll have to excuse my MS paint skillz...

shcematic.jpg

So wrapping the ground wire around the Pos cuts the audio noise...Oh and thanks for the pic's I'm sooo visual, Forget directions, just give me the picture on the box and i can assemble anything...LOL

Any time electricity flows through a conductor a magnetic field is created. I know a lot of you guys have some crazy stereos in your boats. If I were you and I was gonna wire in something myself, I'd wrap the pos. and neg. wires together in a spiral. What this does is cancel the electromagnetic field around the wire. Real ocean going boats do this to avoid bad compass readings.

Any time electricity flows through a conductor a magnetic field is created. I know a lot of you guys have some crazy stereos in your boats. If I were you and I was gonna wire in something myself, I'd wrap the pos. and neg. wires together in a spiral. What this does is cancel the electromagnetic field around the wire. Real ocean going boats do this to avoid bad compass readings.

Hey I trust you and will do it!! Do you think the in line fuse will get to hot if I add it near the starter? Edited by Wakesetter67

Nah,

The starter doesn't get all that hot. Just try to keep it down low away from the exh. man.

You want to buy one of these.

You'll see my fuse holder set up here.

You want to tap this ground.

Thanks!! You know I was debating on having my dealer do it. But at 90.00 Per HR I could buy more accessories with that, And you made it soo easy with the pic's and advice, I know my way around mechanical things, But some times I get lazy or i doubt my abilities, Nothing ventured nothing gained, So one more question ...if you don't mind. I know where to tap into for the hot water feed. So where are you supposed to tap into the cold water feed. Oh and like last time any pics...LOL

Hey Terry: I have the exact same setup on my 2006 23 LSV. The controls are under the seat. It seems like a crazy place to put these. I love where you moved yours. I am curious where you got the face plate to mount the controls flush like you did. My controls look just like yours by your tranny. Let me know please.

Thanks

robert

Ordered the flush mounted plate from Heater Craft

Terry

I Am planing on putting mine in the locker, as long as the Ballast sac wont interfere, I also thought about moving it over behind the engine if the sac interferes, I will Mount the on/off switch somewhere close by, I like the idea of the switch being close to the swim deck and not by the helm, Question, Could I wire it off the starter instead of running the wire to the Battery, I know it also takes an in line fuse, and will have to put that in also??

They also offer a plate with the switch as seen here.

I would have done this but the factory had already mounted the switch in the rear compartment.

Terry

Thanks Terry, Looks Great, Going to do the same.. Question. Where do you have your cold water feed plumed into.

Take a look at this picture and you will see the cold water line in blue and right at the bottom of the picture you will see a grey fitting spliced into the water line from the water pump.

IMG_0630.jpg

Where is the switch to activate the unit?

You can see the switch on the left side of the photo, that is where the factory put it. I would have moved it back with the knobs but couldn't figure out what to do with the hole.

IMG_0632.jpg

You can see the switch on the left side of the photo, that is where the factory put it. I would have moved it back with the knobs but couldn't figure out what to do with the hole.

IMG_0632.jpg

That would be it..Thanks Should be a breeze to install...

I just ordered the Heater Craft shower Kit From Bakes Marine, As usual Great Service & Great Price, I see Warm Spring Surfing in My Future!!! :yahoo: Sure beats peeing in a Wet suit...LOL

Edited by Wakesetter67

Haha why would you pee in your wetsuit? :crazy:

Since you'll go into all the trouble installing it yourself, I'd recommend installing isolation valves (if you weren't planning on it already). I did that on my last boat just for peace of mind. Would you ever need them? Probably not, but it's good knowing that if your heater or shower develops a leak somewhere it's not an extension of your engine cooling system. Good luck with your project.

Haha why would you pee in your wetsuit? :crazy:

Since you'll go into all the trouble installing it yourself, I'd recommend installing isolation valves (if you weren't planning on it already). I did that on my last boat just for peace of mind. Would you ever need them? Probably not, but it's good knowing that if your heater or shower develops a leak somewhere it's not an extension of your engine cooling system. Good luck with your project.

For the warmth of corse, 97 degrees LOL , Great point on the valves, I don't think my other boats had them, Never had an issue, But it only takes one...

I'm sorry, I used the incorrect term. It's actually a set of Kuhneutson valves. Seen here.

Again, all you guys with your serious stereo systems should read this from DIY mobile audio re. violent bass air.

Ok I think Pete's having some fun at our expense... :tease2:
  • 5 weeks later...

You'll have to excuse my MS paint skillz...

shcematic.jpg

Never heard of that but good to know, I'm sure you have a fuse someplace in that power leg to the pump right?

-Paul

• 3 years later...

Hi water_junky, love you're install, would you mind showing a pic of where & how you tapped into the hot water supply. Thanks

Take a look at this picture and you will see the cold water line in blue and right at the bottom of the picture you will see a grey fitting spliced into the water line from the water pump.

IMG_0630.jpg