Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hot N Cold Shower

Wakesetter67

I have it and it works great..even if you use it just a few times a year :rockon:

I did a search and they range from 315.00 to 199.00 all heatercraft not sure why such a difference in price, I think the one for 199.00 is a manual temp adjust as the others have a temp control valve, My old one was manual temp.

Who out there has the Hot N cold shower option, and what does that system run for the Malibu, I had one in my 1996 Sanger,

I ordered my 2009 VLX with one and couldn't believe where the factory put the hot and cold knobs at! They were under the back seat right next to the tranny, you would have had to have someone adjusting your temp for you. I relocated mine from here:

IMG_0608.jpg

To here:

IMG_0631.jpg

And made a holder for the shower hose, the factory just laid it on the storage compartment floor.

Terry

I ordered my 2009 VLX with one and couldn't believe where the factory put the hot and cold knobs at! They were under the back seat right next to the tranny, you would have had to have someone adjusting your temp for you. I relocated mine from here:

IMG_0608.jpg

To here:

IMG_0631.jpg

And made a holder for the shower hose, the factory just laid it on the storage compartment floor.

Terry

That look so much better, Since I'm running a 750Lb Sac my not work for me. But I'm sure there are other spots better then where the factory first put yours..

Nice work! I'd be interested in how you stow the hose as mine is laying on the locker floor.

BTW I hardly ever use mine. A good wetsuit pretty much makes it obsolete. Same with the dry suit. It has come pretty handy though in cleaning up a dock birds like to claim.

Hey Terry: I have the exact same setup on my 2006 23 LSV. The controls are under the seat. It seems like a crazy place to put these. I love where you moved yours. I am curious where you got the face plate to mount the controls flush like you did. My controls look just like yours by your tranny. Let me know please.

Thanks

robert

Hey Terry: I have the exact same setup on my 2006 23 LSV. The controls are under the seat. It seems like a crazy place to put these. I love where you moved yours. I am curious where you got the face plate to mount the controls flush like you did. My controls look just like yours by your tranny. Let me know please.

Thanks

robert

It looks like he took apart the stock control panel, and cut a hole a little smaller then the face plate and then mounted it flush.

Hi Wakesetter67. our shower controls are almost a small box mounted horizontally by the V Drive. His new install is a flat piece of white plastic surfaced screwed. It looks like maybe 1/8 inch thick at the most. I couldn't be the same piece or faceplate. Thanks Though.

post-15091-008518800 1299990579_thumb.jp

post-15091-084377500 1299990584_thumb.jp

Hi Wakesetter67. our shower controls are almost a small box mounted horizontally by the V Drive. His new install is a flat piece of white plastic surfaced screwed. It looks like maybe 1/8 inch thick at the most. I couldn't be the same piece or faceplate. Thanks Though.

ya your right, That would have been a pain to take apart, I'm sure they make accessory parts for those, and different applications, Hopefully he will chime in and solve the mystery!!!

looks like this check out pics http://www.heatercra...oductid=111-S-C :whistle:

Bingo!! So if you were going to buy the kit, I did not see that type of face plate offered, I was just on Bakes on line store and they have a kit with the box style. Looks like it would cost more to buy ala carte.. Edited by Wakesetter67

Don't forget to use your crew discount @Bakes :rockon:

If you click on the pics from Heatercraft you will see the flat faceplate :biggrin:

Edited by Living the Dream

To here:

Terry

Where is the switch to activate the unit?

The factory will put the controls in the locker if you ask. My last two boats were done this way.

I Am planing on putting mine in the locker, as long as the Ballast sac wont interfere, I also thought about moving it over behind the engine if the sac interferes, I will Mount the on/off switch somewhere close by, I like the idea of the switch being close to the swim deck and not by the helm, Question, Could I wire it off the starter instead of running the wire to the Battery, I know it also takes an in line fuse, and will have to put that in also?? Edited by Wakesetter67

Don't forget to use your crew discount @Bakes :rockon:

If you click on the pics from Heatercraft you will see the flat faceplate :biggrin:

I will call Paul tomorrow and ask him which unit he recommends, There is the standard one with manual temp controls, and The next step up that has a temp control valve, My last two were the standard one and worked great, I did not see the standard one on Bakes on line store..

Could I wire it off the starter instead of running the wire to the Battery, I know it also takes an in line fuse, and will have to put that in also??

I have tapped into the large 12V wire at the starter to install a cigarette lighter 12V socket inside one of my trunks. Just do the in-line fuse right after it and, if you want to be sure you don't cause any electrical noise on your audio system, wrap the pos. and neg. wires together in a spiral pattern and terminate the neg. somewhere near the starter where you picked up the 12V feed.

that does look like a great install - I've got the exact same set-p on my V-ride - switch is at the helm and we use ours quite a bit to warm the hands and feet. our dealer installed ours for a couple hundred bucks -

I have tapped into the large 12V wire at the starter to install a cigarette lighter 12V socket inside one of my trunks. Just do the in-line fuse right after it and, if you want to be sure you don't cause any electrical noise on your audio system, wrap the pos. and neg. wires together in a spiral pattern and terminate the neg. somewhere near the starter where you picked up the 12V feed.

Sorry not sure I follow you on this, Kinda Electrical illiterate...

that does look like a great install - I've got the exact same set-p on my V-ride - switch is at the helm and we use ours quite a bit to warm the hands and feet. our dealer installed ours for a couple hundred bucks -

Funny Last year in my 04, I stuck the hose in my wet suit and surfed with warm water flowing...Talk about in heaven on a really cold day...LOL That's why I really miss the shower, I used that thing all the time on my last boats....In the NW pretty standard equipment...I should of had the dealer throw it in but, I think I was pushing it with everything else he gave me... Best time to buy a boat Last real week of summer!!!