Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Window Tint

Wakesetter67

Ok I could not think you could improve the look of a BU, Had the windows tinted today...Wow What a difference, Especially on a black boat. All I can say for me, The Pros's outweigh the con's. I decided to go with 20% , I will have pic's on Friday as I take it up to Exile for the final Addition of the Hybrid Tower speaker Install. Now the only thing Im missing is Nice weather, :yahoo:

I luv the look on mine but it can get tough to see at dawn and dusk. Can't wait to see the pics

I was in one of my buddy's boat last year and it was not bad at all, I got an awesome deal today so had to do it!! I had a guy that does our office windows as well as Boats and autos, He did my co workers Subaru WRX and a ford truck, His work was outstanding, He did not have to take off the windshield and said on my year and style it was easy..... So looks like if you find a real confident tinter, that truly knows what he is doing, you should not have to take out the wind shield,

Ya it does look sweet on a Black Boat. I would like to get mine done but...I had tint on my last boat and it is quite hard to see. For me I think the cons outweigh the pros.

I want to see it, been thinking about it too but something like 30% though. Just enough to make it darker but not blacked out. I'll take a look at yours to make my decision. Hope it's at Exile tomorrow!

I want to see it, been thinking about it too but something like 30% though. Just enough to make it darker but not blacked out. I'll take a look at yours to make my decision. Hope it's at Exile tomorrow!

Friday morning around 10:00, My co worker did 35 % on his two passenger windows and it looked good, I was torn between 35, & 20% Edited by Wakesetter67

Friday morning around 10:00, My co worker did 35 % on his two passenger windows and it looked good, I was torn between 35, & 20%

I would like to see pictures as I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Your boat looks great.

you will be very surprised at how much cooler the boat is in the summer with tint.

Thanks Pictures don't do it Justis, Looks soo Much better in person..

I just got a quote to do mine in 5% yesterday.... I want it dark as I can get it.

I always sit on the seat bolster thing and look over the windscreen so I can't see it interfering with vision.

Looks great. I would really like to do my boat but we use it a LOT after dark. I'm thinking it my not be a good idea in my case. Let us know how you like it after dark.

Looks great. I would really like to do my boat but we use it a LOT after dark. I'm thinking it my not be a good idea in my case. Let us know how you like it after dark.

I usually have only taken it out a couple of times at night, & to be honest, I cant see a thing when I look through the stock windshield at night, I always sit high or stand up, So I really dont see for me, any problem, When we surf, I stand, So I went for style points for sure!!!

I just got a quote to do mine in 5% yesterday.... I want it dark as I can get it.

I always sit on the seat bolster thing and look over the windscreen so I can't see it interfering with vision.

I scored, Had mine done for 200.00 What would be the quote down under?? Got to love the Ausie...LOL Edited by Wakesetter67

wakesetter - Your boat looks great. good price too!

Ronnie - If you boat a lot at night I wouldn't get the windshield tinted. I have had my last two windshields tinted 20% and its tough to see through it at night. We take our boat out maybe ten times a year at night, so I deal with it on those occasions. If I was going out night every week I would think twice about tinting. Saying that, the day I bought this boat I had the windshield tinted - I really like the look and it provides a lot more shade for my boy to take a snooze.

Yea that's sort of the way I am thinking too. We have several places to eat on the lake and we regularly meet friends for dinner and go anchor out afterwards. We don't get back to our slip until 11:00 PM or so.

Looks great.........looking to also go 20%. Dealer closest to me (not mine) wanted $600.

Still waiting......

Edited by Koop
martinarcher

Looks great man. I'd love to get mine done, but like Ronnie we get back to the trailer after dark a LOT! We usually wrap up the sets right at the end of ski hours and then the grille comes out and we cook dinner on the teak deck and listen to tunes as the sun sets. Makes for a fun evening. Yahoo.gif Is summer here yet?!? LOL.gif

W67, boat looks great man. :rockon: You'll have to hook up that camaro again and re-do that signature photo.

I've looked at mine before and after pics, it's a totally different boat. Unless I move in a place where I can stay out late without risking hypothermia, I probably won't own another boat witout tint.

Looks great man. I'd love to get mine done, but like Ronnie we get back to the trailer after dark a LOT! We usually wrap up the sets right at the end of ski hours and then the grille comes out and we cook dinner on the teak deck and listen to tunes as the sun sets. Makes for a fun evening. Yahoo.gif Is summer here yet?!? LOL.gif

Haha, is it summer yet... Thanks dude :cry:

Your windows look awesome, I had 35% on my Supra and never had any problems coming in late on the water. I dont think with 20% you will either, there is not much difference looking outward between the 20 and 35%, its more on how much light comes in. I am also planning on getting my windows done when its at the stereo shop in April.

Thumbs up! nice upgrade!