Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Racks

skikid

Trying to find reasonably priced black board racks.. We came across these, does anyone know what kind of quality they might be?

http://www.onlyinboa...ard-Rack.aspx#R

I don't have any experience (nor have i heard of them) with those racks but I don't see them being available for the IX tower either.Is that what you are looking for?

This is the down and dirty best deal I've ever seen for a nice, functional IX Wakeboard Rack.

Hope this helps you out.

-Paul

I don't have any experience (nor have i heard of them) with those racks but I don't see them being available for the IX tower either.Is that what you are looking for?

This is the down and dirty best deal I've ever seen for a nice, functional IX Wakeboard Rack.

Hope this helps you out.

-Paul

that's what I started to look at but would really like black ones rather than the chrome. What's the difference between towers for IX and X ?

The ones from bakes can be powdercoated. I personaly would stay away from the Krypt. If you wanna know why do a search on WakeWorld.

That just drives the price up that much more and do stay away from Krypt. You get what you pay for.

Is that a Metcraft rack?

Neither of those racks are Metcraft, new Metcraft racks don't exist any longer since the company went belly up back in 2009. Pretty much everything Metcraft you come across is used now.

that's what I started to look at but would really like black ones rather than the chrome. What's the difference between towers for IX and X ?

You can have any rack powder coated black if you wanted to, you get away from the rack being inexpensive though. Polished or brushed is a little easier to keep looking good in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of Powder coating. IX and X are the same, its the abbreviation for Illusion X tower.

Maybe you might like the Star One Pocket Rocket Rack. It's $189 and has black rubber dipped forks.. you also have the option for polished forks or the lift off upgrade.

That just drives the price up that much more and do stay away from Krypt. You get what you pay for.

Couldn't Agree with you more Goose!!

-Paul