Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VisionAir mesh drivers seat

NoodleSalad

I was searching around for different options for either adding a bolster seat cushion or getting a taller pedestal and I found Attwoods VisionAir mesh seat. It has a bolster built into it and with the mesh material I figured a little breeze down there might be nice for drying out the suit and keeping cool. What do y'all think?

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/VisionAir--Seat

Chad

I wonder why this wasn't thought of before. I'm always wet when I'm driving.

Same here and I usually drive with booster up which causes water to seep down into the seat and dont always remember to wipe it dry at the end of the day.

I like it, thought that was one of the nicer additions tige put on their new boats. Don't like how high the arms or sides of the seat come up on that one though.

I like it, thought that was one of the nicer additions tige put on their new boats.

I agree, it was one of the only things that we liked better on the Tige.

I don't like that seat at all, but it looks like I'm in the minority. No place to put a heater, even though I think the seat itself would be colder. On the cold days, I really like a solid seat and on the warm days the seat and I dry up so fast the venting wouldn't make a difference.

• 3 months later...

because of all the vinyl problems (discoloration, split seams, rips and tears) that get reported on this site i am thinking that having all of the seats made from this mesh might be a good start. then i would replace all of the carpet with a medium rubber, maybe something softer than rino-liner and harder than wrestling mats...maybe 1/4" think. then what do we use to replace the vinyl on the soft touch surfaces (ski locker cover, padded side panels)? take a garden hose to it once a month and not worry about mold/ mildew. i want a boat i can chill in not something i've got to fret and stew over.