Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat Heater Install question

TexasWakeRep

Hey guys,

So ordered all the seat heater stuff from Bakes last year, finally getting around to installing since its almost time to hit the lake. I got the heating elements installed under the vinyl. My question is about the vacant wiring harness under the throttle area. I believe this is for the seat heater?

Anyone do this install? Tips/suggestions/pics?

Thanks for your help.

Hey guys,

So ordered all the seat heater stuff from Bakes last year, finally getting around to installing since its almost time to hit the lake. I got the heating elements installed under the vinyl. My question is about the vacant wiring harness under the throttle area. I believe this is for the seat heater?

Anyone do this install? Tips/suggestions/pics?

Thanks for your help.

It's funny, we sell so many of these elements but we hardly ever install one in the shop since its usually a straight forward do it yourself project.

On your 2008, I don't believe you have the plug behind the panel. The breaker is there in your lower breaker panel (not in the power module under the dash) because they can't run that much amperage through the power module. The best directions I can give.

• Remove Upholstery enough to Install Back Rest Element
  • Remove Upholstery enough to install seat element
  • Route Wire so its under the seat be between the seat and seat base
  • leave enough wiring so seat can swivel with out pulling the wires
  • fasten wire loom tight to the floor (with zip tie with built in screw hole)
  • Run under throttle upholstery panel
  • Cut Panel and test fit switch
  • Wire Ground from ground bus to switch (top location on single pole single throw switch)
  • Wire Main Power supply from heated seat breaker to middle of switch
  • If you have access to a Delphi plug kit (similar to the link i sent you) you can make a adapter plug for the harness plug. This can also be achieved with removing the plug and installing your own slide terminal quick connect or heat shrink butt splice
  • heated seat wiring leg power runs to switch leg on switch
  • heated seat wiring ground leg route to ground on switch or main ground bus under dash
  • Finish installing switch (switch trim plate makes it a lot easier to mount switch)

Hope this helps you out some with the install!

I just checked the boats in the shop and none of them had a heated seat so i couldn't take any photos for you. Maybe somebody else on the crew might be able to snap a few photos for you.

-Paul

Instruction with pics that would be a nice addition to the DIY section on here.

I agree!

-Paul

• 9 months later...
  • 10 years later...
On 3/9/2011 at 12:42 PM, Bake's Marine said:

It's funny, we sell so many of these elements but we hardly ever install one in the shop since its usually a straight forward do it yourself project.

On your 2008, I don't believe you have the plug behind the panel. The breaker is there in your lower breaker panel (not in the power module under the dash) because they can't run that much amperage through the power module. The best directions I can give.

• Remove Upholstery enough to Install Back Rest Element
  • Remove Upholstery enough to install seat element
  • Route Wire so its under the seat be between the seat and seat base
  • leave enough wiring so seat can swivel with out pulling the wires
  • fasten wire loom tight to the floor (with zip tie with built in screw hole)
  • Run under throttle upholstery panel
  • Cut Panel and test fit switch
  • Wire Ground from ground bus to switch (top location on single pole single throw switch)
  • Wire Main Power supply from heated seat breaker to middle of switch
  • If you have access to a Delphi plug kit (similar to the link i sent you) you can make a adapter plug for the harness plug. This can also be achieved with removing the plug and installing your own slide terminal quick connect or heat shrink butt splice
  • heated seat wiring leg power runs to switch leg on switch
  • heated seat wiring ground leg route to ground on switch or main ground bus under dash
  • Finish installing switch (switch trim plate makes it a lot easier to mount switch)

Hope this helps you out some with the install!

I just checked the boats in the shop and none of them had a heated seat so i couldn't take any photos for you. Maybe somebody else on the crew might be able to snap a few photos for you.

-Paul

I agree!

-Paul

I realize that I’m chiming in several years later, but I just wanted to thank Paul for the detailed instructions. The final product looks like it was installed at the factory. I’m anxious to see if it works and will report back if I have any concerns or other questions. Thanks again Paul.