Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Whats your favorite WaterSport?

Moufoo

What is your favorite watersport to participate in?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite watersport to participate in?

• Wakeboarding
    • Wakeskating
    • Wakesurfing
    • Slalom Skiing
    • 2 Ski's
    • Air Chair/Hydrofoiling
    • Kneeboarding
    • Barefooting

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moufoo

• VinRLX

• jetskipro550

• Malibudude

Wakeboarding?  Besides ruining a lake, it's for those who can't ski. For instance, my 5 year old niece got up on the first try, but has not got up on two skis yet.  I also enjoy show skiing.

Boy, there is the voice of experience isin't it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about tubing, there is no more fun than seeing your buddies yelling for dear life at the end of the rope!!!

Even better put 2 or 3 tubes behind the boat and watch the kaos!! So much fun and everyone can enjoy! No skill required!

boarding is fun too and so is slalom, but you need skills and practice to have a good time.

What about tubing...

Hard to consider tubing a "WaterSport". Not that our kids don't enjoy it but if something requires no skill to speak of...

tubing takes little skill, gotta lean at the right points, drag your feet at the right times, jump the tube at the right time, but most of all it takes alot of strength.

I would still do tubing but we developed a rule regarding tubing...He who drives rides, he who rode drives.

I will still drive but need a rider who won't enforce the rule. :)

Yeah I dont think thatd work for us, dont think dad could take the beating. We play survivor style, if you fall off, back into the boat, someone else jumps in. If we have a boat full it can get crazy, 3 double tubes, and dad filling the ballast after we make sure its empty.

Wow, a little surprised at the high number of slalom numbers. I figured wakeboard would be highest because everyone knows that slalom is a dying sport, you know, sort of like Latin, people remember it but nobody uses it. Tongue.gif

Not surprised at the Zero response from kneeboard, those things are Bad on a Good day!

I still believe that Barefoot is the number 1 Rush!! Yahoo.gif People talk about getting hurt footing, and I agree you Must be careful and progress slowly (and use shoe skis) but I have been hurt the worst on a tube!!

Kite boarding is my favorite...No Boat or Observer needed...just a bit of wind and a body of water. In the winter just a bit of snow and an open field.

368_Innov1_KBsept05.jpg

moon dawg is that you? you got any more pics? I have always wanted to try kiteboarding! With the windsurfing/kiteboarding capitol of the world (some may disagree) about 2 hours away I have to do it some time!

Wow, a little surprised at the high number of slalom numbers. I figured wakeboard would be highest because everyone knows that slalom is a dying sport, you know, sort of like Latin, people remember it but nobody uses it. Tongue.gif

Not surprised at the Zero response from kneeboard, those things are Bad on a Good day!

I still believe that Barefoot is the number 1 Rush!! Yahoo.gif People talk about getting hurt footing, and I agree you Must be careful and progress slowly (and use shoe skis) but I have been hurt the worst on a tube!!

Remember now: Wakeboarding is only for those without the requisite skills to be able to slalom. Same concept as for: "If you are not smart enough to handle Engineering, you go into Liberal Arts."

Footing though, that is just for crazies with a fair amount of skill, little fear and really large cajones.

Edited by Baddog
moon dawg is that you? you got any more pics? I have always wanted to try kiteboarding! With the windsurfing/kiteboarding capitol of the world (some may disagree) about 2 hours away I have to do it some time!

No...that is not me...That is a pro photo taken from a helicopter posted on kiteboard.com. I have been launched like that though...but I usually land in a heap. Kiteboarding is the hardest sport I have ever learned. It is also very expensive. A good kite cost upwards of $1500 and you need 3-4 kites to cover the wind conditions. But at least you can get dual use from your wakeboard. It is a great sport if you travel on an airline. They don't rip you off for extra baggage to ship your board like they do a windsurfer.

You are right about being a couple of hours from windsurf/kiteboard mecca. Hood River is probably one of the most consistent windy places in the USA. I used to spend the month of August there (until I got a real job). Kailua Beach, Oahu the Outerbanks of North Carolina and South Paudre Island, Texas are also some of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember now: Wakeboarding is only for those without the requisite skills to be able to slalom. Same concept as for: "If you are not smart enough to handle Engineering, you go into Liberal Arts."

Footing though, that is just for crazies with a fair amount of skill, little fear and really large cajones.

What are you classified as if you go from a crappy skier to a crappy wakeboarder, but still manage to have a great time? I also excel at crappy footing, sky skiing, kneeboarding, wake skating, wake surfing, and sometimes tubing. (I have fun at all of it though) Biggrin.gif

Joe

What are you classified as if you go from a crappy skier to a crappy wakeboarder, but still manage to have a great time? I also excel at crappy footing, sky skiing, kneeboarding, wake skating, wake surfing, and sometimes tubing. (I have fun at all of it though) Biggrin.gif

I don't know about the crappy label attached to all those sports Fingerwag.gif (in fact, I know them not to be true). Regardless, you are without a doubt the best 50 MPH slalom skier I have ever pulled. Crazy.gif

:salute:

I'm not so sure. Anyone can ski at 50 if they have serious brain damage and emotional issues. Crazy.gif

Joe

The look on your face when you crossed the wake was priceless :lol: The real damage would happen if you'll bit it Crazy.gif

I voted for wakeboarding(Just for the record I'm not a long hair,drug using, loud music type guy). I would like to give ski skiing a go some day just need to find some one that has one and is willing to give some pointers.