Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will 750 lb bag collapse flooring?

Fman

I was told that the 750 lb fly hi sac in the rear ski lockers of a VLX can collapse the flooring and crush the hard tank? Does anyone know if this is true? I was told this by a dealer that does not sell Malibu. He said he sold Malibus for 4 years and had a few occurances of people bringing in there boat with a collapsed floor in the rear ski locker with the 750 lb fat sac being used?

I have not heard anything like this happening, wanted to make sure I was not going to damage my boat when I upgrade the ballast system to 750's for surfing.

Thanks for any information....

That myth has been debunked by just about everyone on this forum running extra weight in the rear lockers. In fact I happen to know that it won't collapse with an 1100# bag in the locker.

I was hoping this would not be a problem, he brought this up as soon as he found out I purchased a Malibu. Thanks for confirming that there will not be any problems.

I run a 750 in my VTX for surfing. I always fill the stock tank first...... Not sure (or willing to take the chance) if filling the sac before the hard tank would damage the floor or tank?

I run a 750 in my VTX for surfing. I always fill the stock tank first...... Not sure (or willing to take the chance) if filling the sac before the hard tank would damage the floor or tank?

:plus1:

Three years with the 750's in my lockers. No issues at all.

I just added two 750's as of the day before yesterday to my VTX, I was running a 500lbs bag wiht no issues before. I doubt that's true, from talking to my dealer, the fact that wakemakers and Bakes point there sales to malibu for the VTX and VLX, and the fact that many run it without having issues. I'd be warry of a sales guy who uses such tactics. Part of why mastercraft does so badly in colorado is the owner of the dealership here is that kind of sales person

I just added two 750's as of the day before yesterday to my VTX, I was running a 500lbs bag wiht no issues before. I doubt that's true, from talking to my dealer, the fact that wakemakers and Bakes point there sales to malibu for the VTX and VLX, and the fact that many run it without having issues. I'd be warry of a sales guy who uses such tactics. Part of why mastercraft does so badly in colorado is the owner of the dealership here is that kind of sales person

He was trying to convince me I made the wrong choice with the Malibu, judging from everyone who has one, I cant see this being the case. I have a hard time believing I am going to regret going with a VLX.... I dont appreciate sales people who bash other brands, personally I think all the top wakeboard boats are all very nice... comes down to what you can afford, creature comforts, fit and finish, etc.... they are all producing great boats these days. As I have said before, I will always speak highly of the Supra line, they are nice boats, just did not have everything I wanted that the VLX was offering.

He was trying to convince me I made the wrong choice with the Malibu, judging from everyone who has one, I cant see this being the case. I have a hard time believing I am going to regret going with a VLX.... I dont appreciate sales people who bash other brands, personally I think all the top wakeboard boats are all very nice... comes down to what you can afford, creature comforts, fit and finish, etc.... they are all producing great boats these days. As I have said before, I will always speak highly of the Supra line, they are nice boats, just did not have everything I wanted that the VLX was offering.

Sales guys who dog the cometition don't know what they're doig and aren't trust worthy. you should always talk up your product and not down anothers. I think mastercraft makes a great boat, but I'd never buy one in colorado due to how crappy the owner of the MC dealership here talks abotu other brands and also how he treats people

Only once I've ever seen damage from the weight in the back of the boat, it did nothing to the floor or tank. Just broke the sending unit for the ballast monitoring system.

I think long term (10 years) if you leave weight in there all the time eventually you could see the floor sag. I don't think you could hurt these tanks if you wanted to, they are built very well.

-Paul

That myth has been debunked by just about everyone on this forum running extra weight in the rear lockers. In fact I happen to know that it won't collapse with an 1100# bag in the locker.

I bet its more than 1,100 in there... Whistling.gifwake pig....

-Paul