Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extreme Trailer

Greg_S

There was a thread about this no so long ago. this is what it looks like when you get back home and you just hope nobody got hurt as that diamond plate came off your trailer.

post-281-1133480369_thumb.jpg

So Extreme doesn't paint the step underneath the diamond plate, huh? I suppose this is for better adhesion between the step and diamond plate (Obviously didn't work well for Greg though.) , but it would seem to be a huge contributing factor to the rust problems experienced by so many Extreme owners.

Removing the diamond plate and rust is on my list of winter projects. Looks like a couple coats of paint may go a long way to preventing a recurrence. Thanks for posting the pics.

Follow Up

I e-mail Tony at Extreme about my problems and he responded 7 minutes later about bringing it to their shop and replacing all of the diamond plates. He noted something about an adhesive problem they were using.

Nice to get good service.

I dropped off my trailer at UWS in Vacaville on Monday and it is ready for pick up all ready.

Props to Tony at Extreme and Andy at the UWS Vacaville location for accommodating my trailer repair on short notice! Thumbup.gif

Thanks guys

Props to D.H.M. trailers for easily agreeing to fix a structural weld problem on my trailer for no cost. It's 6 years old too!

Edited by Pistol Pete
Props to D.H.M. trailers for easily agreeing to fix a structural weld problem on my trailer for no cost. It's almost 6 years old too!

I wish that Sport Boat would be that responsive, 1 e-mail w/ pics and 2 messages later.... NOTHING

I had rust issues, and Tony had a technician come all the way to Nor Cal to fix my trailer. Every company has issues and problems, what differientiates companies is how they deal with them. Extreme has exceeded my expectations.

Tony is a great customer service guy and I appreciate him and his company. They will resolve the problem for you.

Joe

P.S. I just had mine fixed 3 weeks ago.

denjoe Posted Yesterday, 06:41 PM

I had rust issues, and Tony had a technician come all the way to Nor Cal to fix my trailer.

Joe,

Was the rust under the diamond plate? If so, do you how Extreme "fixed" it.

I wish that Sport Boat would be that responsive, 1 e-mail w/ pics and 2 messages later.... NOTHING

Sorry to hear that. I knew I was pushing it asking them if they'd do anything for me. The owner agreed to fix it without even seeing the pictures yet. I'll be dropping my boat off in front of his house tomorrow so he can take it into the shop Monday.

I'm a D.H.M. customer for life!