Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

557 HP Outboard - Seven Marine

Bake's Marine

Pretty Crazy, after reading this article I had to share it with somebody... Amazing they can get 557 HP Out of a outboard engine.... (Cadillac Supercharged CTS-V)

Maybe Malibu should bring back the Malibu Flightcraft? The engine would weight almost 1/2 as much as the boat!

Check out the article / Video: 7 Marine Motors

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

Wow, I suppose it would be a weight (and even cost) savings by only needing one engine instead of two on something like an offshore fishing boat or the like.

Wow, I suppose it would be a weight (and even cost) savings by only needing one engine instead of two on something like an offshore fishing boat or the like.

True, but twin engines are really a necessity for going offshore. If you have an engine failure 50 miles out, then having a backup is a lifesaver...literally.

Guys buying these boats are not going for singles, they're talking quads or triples, this power may let then go to triples and twin engines with the same performance or better performance.

Also alot of those big twin engine verado boats can't make it up on plane with only one motor, I bet this one would!

Guys buying these boats are not going for singles, they're talking quads or triples, this power may let then go to triples and twin engines with the same performance or better performance.

Also alot of those big twin engine verado boats can't make it up on plane with only one motor, I bet this one would!

Guys = AKA Drug Runners or the Occasional rich guy that wants to go from Florida to Cuba for a quick cigar & Mohito... haha!

-Paul

Guys = AKA Drug Runners or the Occasional rich guy that wants to go from Florida to Cuba for a quick cigar & Mohito... haha!

-Paul

$68k for one outboard..yikes!

-Paul

All the serious offshore fishing boats run pretty serious power, takes along time to get to the edge of the continental shelf in FL where the good fishing is at 20 mph! Plus when you spend $250k+ on a boat you're the kinda guy that wants the best.

I think it is a waste, the crankshaft is in the wrong positions. Put the engine vertical than it would be :thumbup: .

Edited by CumminsBu

I wonder what that thing would do on the back of my 17ft Bass Tracker? Going from 35hp to 557hp would be scary to say the least.

It would sink it....fast

Wow what an outboard! The price is rather steep but it's a monster.

The Bakes link was bad.

Sad the dog pic, I have two and that is just neglect.

MalibuNation

I wonder what that thing would do on the back of my 17ft Bass Tracker? Going from 35hp to 557hp would be scary to say the least.

I was thinking more on the line for a pontoon.

All the serious offshore fishing boats run pretty serious power, takes along time to get to the edge of the continental shelf in FL where the good fishing is at 20 mph! Plus when you spend $250k+ on a boat you're the kinda guy that wants the best.

I know, I'm just kidding... Come on, haven't you seen the Miami Vice movie? haha

I think it is a waste, the crankshaft is not in the postions. Put the engine vertical than it would be :thumbup: .

I'm sure they tried, there must be some reason why they couldn't get the motor to sit vertical (oil / lubricant?) unless they went to a dry sump like the Z06 LS7

The link is no good. Cry.gif

Fixed it, they dumped the news article so i just re-linked to the engine manufacture.

Cheers!

-Paul