Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what do ya'll think looks better?

prion

I vote remove them, that is not a good decal and does not do your boat justice. You have a nice Maliby logo on the back, that's plenty IMHO. But I would not tint the windows.

i say take off the stickers and maybe tint the windows not so dark. either way the boat looks pretty nice =) maybe some blue speaker cans!

Im trying to decide if i want to remove the stickers and tint the windows this season? What do you all think looks better?

My vote would be to remove the decal. I did on my vride and I think it looks better.

:whistle: your images look very familiar, like these on my desktop created a few weeks ago :biggrin:

I'll be removing the stickers before first launch in April. I vote no stickers, no tint.

image_url-14816-1288705522.jpg

Copyofimage_url-14816-1288705522.jpg

+1 for no decal and no tinting.

The boat looks very clean with no decal and the Malibu logo on the back.

I like stock look. Plus in general, removing your stickers will lower your resale value.

I like stock look. Plus in general, removing your stickers will lower your resale value.

Not so sure that is true, but then I am a fan of the clean look without the decals.

Removed decal for sure. Those decals look horrible IMHO. Sorry to everyone with them.

Tint? Meh, maybe maybe not. I'd say yes, it looks good with the tint.

I vote remove them, that is not a good decal and does not do your boat justice. You have a nice Maliby logo on the back, that's plenty IMHO. But I would not tint the windows.

:thumbup: What he said!

:plus1: No decal. But then on the transom--put the domed Malibu logo in it's place to match the side decals that are already there.

I debadge most all my vehicles, it won't hurt resale. Especially in your case where the "Ride" siginifies a lower price point model. Boat has great lines, show them off!

Tint is personal choice, if you have a guy that you KNOW will do a good job, I would do it. No darker than 20%, my preference is a little lighter at 35%. But my boat has no black in the gel, where yours does.

Edited by jk13

I never cared for the Vride graphics. My own Vride has Wakesetter graphics on it & I'm ready to strip them off myself. Been thinkin about an AirJunky graphic, possibly like Axis does where it'is on both sides of the rubrail. :rockon:

ajboat1.jpg

Heres a shot of my 205 before & after. I sold it after 7 yrs & over 700 hrs for the same price I bought it. Guess it didn't effect the value much.

MColdnew.jpg

I just stripped my decals off this week. they slowly start peeling when we surf a lot so I ran most of the summer with shield on one side and a W missing on the other just too ghetto for me so off they came. I like the look, the boat looks hella long. My tint has been on for two years and is a big pain in the arse but it looks cool so it stays.

My initial thought was no tint, remove decal, and some drip molded reg. #'s, but it looks you've all ready got some decent reg #'s...?. And you're missing a board rack, probably fell off the tower, might want to look into upgrading that as well :whistle::biggrin:

Edited by Ndawg12
martinarcher

I never cared for the Vride graphics. My own Vride has Wakesetter graphics on it & I'm ready to strip them off myself. Been thinkin about an AirJunky graphic, possibly like Axis does where it'is on both sides of the rubrail. :rockon:

ajboat1.jpg

Heres a shot of my 205 before & after. I sold it after 7 yrs & over 700 hrs for the same price I bought it. Guess it didn't effect the value much.

MColdnew.jpg

You've come a long way Bill! Rockon.gif I love your Air Junky decal mock up! Do it! Thumbup.gif

To the OP - I vote remove decals and replace with TheMalibuCrew decals. Thumbup.gif

If you run at night at all don't do the tint, if you run only in the daytime, go for it.

My initial thought was no tint, remove decal, and some drip molded reg. #'s, but it looks you've all ready got some decent reg #'s...?. And you're missing a board rack, probably fell off the tower, might want to look into upgrading that as well :whistle::biggrin:

Lol, Ya the board rack musta fallen off somehow. I am actually diligently looking for a titan rack to match the one I have already, but they dont seem to exist anymore. If anyone has one let me know.

this might be a dumb question... but when you remove the decals does it leave any marks? if so whats the best way to get rid of them? Thanks for the help

I am ok with some of the wakesetter graphics but not the 06+vride. I have an 05 vride and I am ok with them.

For yours I would take them off. With the illusion, everyone knows it is a malibu anyway.

I am ok with some of the wakesetter graphics but not the 06+vride. I have an 05 vride and I am ok with them.

For yours I would take them off. With the illusion, everyone knows it is a malibu anyway.

Tell that to the new 2011 moomba owners...LOL they hope people think that.. Love how they even steel the VLX, oh wait that's for those that are dyslexic... p.jpg Edited by Wakesetter67