Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater Hotter

The thermostat is 10 years old. Never had it out of there. Hmmm

Not sure but if the thermostat was not opening wouldn't that make the water run slower through the engine warming more and providing hotter water to the core?. If it is free flowing the water will run faster and stay cooler. If the initial water temp is dropping you have to think that would affect the heat gain in the water thus not allowing the water to get as warm. On my jet boat I slow the out dlow to keep the water in the engine longer to warm it up more when the water temp starts to drop. I say slow it down not speed it up. Don't stop the inflow though slow the output. Thoughts?

The reason behind speeding it up was due to attempting to get the motor hot. I plan to blow the lines out tonight to see if that might the cause of the issue.

So last night I removed my seat so I can actually get back under the dash without feeling like a pretzel. I was able to tinker with the hose to determine that there was no blockage/kinks. I determined this by blowing down each of the in/out hose to see if they shot water out. My question is how much pressure should be pumping through the hoses at idle?