Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Better than Malibu

theaslip

:Doh: I feel like such a fool for buying a Malibu when, it's clearly evident that a Maxum is the much better boat. Heck, just look at the cool gauge layout on the dash and the nifty seating arrangement.

Let's just see if he answers my question of why his boat is better than the three he mentioned on his listing. Bah ha ha ha

Let's just see if he answers my question of why his boat is better than the three he mentioned on his listing. Bah ha ha ha

You gotta admit - the boat just screams quality.....Incredible cupholders, orange burl wood plastic dash and wheel, composite swim platform (just don't kick the outdrive!)

Seriously - I never trash anyone's boat - hey - if it gets you on the water - it's good......Just don't say it's better than a 'bu.....that's personal!

Did you actually send his a message asking that? To funny. Maybe a few hundred of us should do the same thing. Could be fun.

:Doh: I feel like such a fool for buying a Malibu when, it's clearly evident that a Maxum is the much better boat. Heck, just look at the cool gauge layout on the dash and the nifty seating arrangement.

Love the cup holder arrangement, Why Malibu didn't think of that we will never know... :shocked:CIMG6314.jpg Edited by Wakesetter67

Don't kid yourself...this boat is faster than a Malibu and it rides better.

Wow did I ever Screw Up...Here I believed all you so called Malibu owners. Does anyone know if there is a Maxum Forum...:throwpc:

CIMG6294.jpg Damm What was I thinking..

Edited by Wakesetter67

I first read all the posts before going back to the ebay add. My initial thought was, Guy must be talking about the other malibu that was (or still is) built up here, not so much! Turns out his boat is also better than mastercraft & Supra. This is gunna be fun to follow this post from time to time when I need a laugh.......

I first read all the posts before going back to the ebay add. My initial thought was, Guy must be talking about the other malibu that was (or still is) built up here, not so much! Turns out his boat is also better than mastercraft & Supra. This is gunna be fun to follow this post from time to time when I need a laugh.......

This is my new dream Setup.....

cool-1.jpg

WOW! Just needs a tower, tribal graphics,teak deck, and oh I almost forgot perfect pass. Any one interested in a 99 VLX?

:lame:

He forgot to mention Bayliner.

Edited by haycutter

I looked at Maxum boats before buying my Reinell I/O 15 yrs ago. They make a decent product similar in quality to Reinell or Chapparal, but a step below Sea Ray or Four Winns, and well below the likes of Cobalt.

I looked at Maxum boats before buying my Reinell I/O 15 yrs ago. They make a decent product similar in quality to Reinell or Chapparal, but a step below Sea Ray or Four Winns, and well below the likes of Cobalt.

You guys have to admit, his 13 year old maxum is in great shape overall. And with his ridiculous title he's conjured up quite a few extra hits.... He might be smarter than we think.

Edited by Ndawg12

Having owned a Maxum and yes, even a Bayliner I think I speak with some degree of confidence that his statement may be just a bit over blown. I am sure it is a fine boat but there are many reasons I now own a Malibu and one look at that whale tale bolted onto the outdrive is evidence of but one of those reasons! I agree, I am not hear to trash anyone's pride and joy but making those insane comparisons just asks for ridicule!

You guys have to admit, his 13 year old maxum is in great shape overall. And with his ridiculous title he's conjured up quite a few extra hits.... He might be smarter than we think.

This is a very good point! I still find it funny though.

You gotta admit - the boat just screams quality.....Incredible cupholders, orange burl wood plastic dash and wheel, composite swim platform (just don't kick the outdrive!)

Seriously - I never trash anyone's boat - hey - if it gets you on the water - it's good......Just don't say it's better than a 'bu.....that's personal!

I agree with the last statement, but this is kinda fun. It must be all this pent up boating energy at work.

Well we all fell for it...LOL I guarantee I would not even have looked at this add if it wasnt for the title...I agree it is well taken care of, I'm sure most of us started out with something like this, i had a 16' beachcraft, and then a 19' Blue-water Mirage, At the time they were nice boats, & when I finally got my Ski Sanger, it opened me up to a whole different boating world, I know my Dad would probably pick the maxum....Still kinda fun to poke fun, We need nice weather ASAP..

One trip since September and an average of 10 hours a year :crazy: How hard can it be to keep it clean? However it is obviously stored indoors.

Seriously,

That boat does seem to be in nice shape and, for the right person, on the right lake, it would probably do well. Also, that is a well done ebay add with lots of pics and the vid. is a nice touch. Too bad I don't think it's gonna sell for much more than it's at now.

Here was my question to him...

That is a truly nice boat but, what makes it better than a Malibu, Mastercraft, or Supra? I am in the market for a ski/wakeboard boat that can tow a tube also.

Thanks.

His response...

This boat is truly nice. Everything is in full working condition. The reason it i put "Better Than Malibu, Mastercraft, Or Supra" is to give my ad some more exposure. It may or may not be better. Its like saying Ford or Chevy is better then the other. With 300 HP it has no problum pulling a tube or anything else. this is probably the most bang for the buck you can get.

As mentioned on this thread. Maybe this guy is an ebay mastermind. He probably is getting a lot of traffic by having those brand names in the title.

Seriously,

That boat does seem to be in nice shape and, for the right person, on the right lake, it would probably do well. Also, that is a well done ebay add with lots of pics and the vid. is a nice touch. Too bad I don't think it's gonna sell for much more than it's at now.

Here was my question to him...

His response...

As mentioned on this thread. Maybe this guy is an ebay mastermind. He probably is getting a lot of traffic by having those brand names in the title.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that really good exposure though? Seems like it would generate a lot of smartass responses like this thread has in it!

My favorite upgrade is the use of Home Depot residential weather striping in adhesive strips around the engine comparment. That and the cupholder tray screwed thru the vinyl into the engine cover make a nice combo.