Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski locker cover - bowing due to use / weight

chathamsolutions

My ski locker cover has started to bow a bit. I imagine it's from people walking on it - very high traffic area. I only get into the locker to remove the T handle. Other than that, the cover is always in place - under my carpet saver.

Anyone else notice a dip in the cover? Anyone had to replace theirs?

On our boat it dips there, so one night my dad and I took a look at it and the problem was some screws had come out of the metal support/linning. This caused the cover not to have much support and thats why it dipped down when you stepped on it. We replaced the screws and it is solid again.

On our boat it dips there, so one night my dad and I took a look at it and the problem was some screws had come out of the metal support/linning. This caused the cover not to have much support and thats why it dipped down when you stepped on it. We replaced the screws and it is solid again.

I had the same problem on my '99. I fixed it the same way. Actually I added some screws also.

P

Speaking of soft floors.  A friend's boat's flooring next to engine (response) is bowed pretty bad.  Is there a remedy?

It can be fixed. Malibu needs to determine that the foam is settling causing the depression. I've seen it on three boats two Echelons and a Sunsetter. They then will need to pull up the flooring and replace the foam.

If it's the same problem that G!!!! had, then it's a warranty fix. The foam that they used under the floor in some years through the '90s compresses & settles over time, causing the floor to bow/depress. They have to pull up the floor & replace the foam, not a small job. I'm not entirely sure if a dealer is up to the task - G!!!! had his done at the factory & I'd have to believe that to get it right, that's where it would have to be done. ICBW of course.