Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need help finding windshield /decal

drc007

ok here is the deal i bought a 1997 malibu sunsetter for a very good price with not a scratch on it and in perfect running order the only thing is the driver windshield needs to be replaced( mold and all) and i need a replacement decal sticker for the side. Can anyone point me in the right direction to look or help me out

thanks

I have a complete windshield off my 2008 23LSV (the frameless style with 4 round holes in the chrome piller.) It's in very very good condition... no scratches or damage. Not sure if it will fit your boat.. but if you want it you can have it for $200... but i don't think it would be to easy to ship (I am in the Seattle area.) I swapped it out for the 2009/10 windshield.

Does anyone know the difference in the windshield from a 1997 to a 2004? the curve of the glass looks the same the only thing i can see is the furtherest to the back of the boat there is a point that it forms on each side where it attaches to the boat... i was wondering if i could get a newer windshield and put it on my 1997 with a little modifications ... i believe what i am going to do is take off the passenger side windshield and trace it and then go to a malibu dealership in spring and see if they will let me crawl in some boats and see before i make a 4 hr trip to pick up a newer windshield that may not fit..? if anyone has any experience or specs on either windshield it would greatly help

• 2 weeks later...

The 97 is different than the later windows '99 and after. It might sort of fit at best but would look strange with that triangle sticking up off your deck or it may not fit at all.

Is it just the glass that is broken / missing? The frame is still in tact? Pull off the screw cover gasket (that covers the mounting screw area) and look for a sticker with numbers. If nothing then call Malibu and ask for the vendor's part number (TaylorMade). Once you find that shoot me a note and I'll do some checking. Some of the parts may still be available. Worth checking.

Dougger

• 2 months later...

I have one off my 2002 Sunsetter.

Get a price from Taylor for a new one and then we can talk.

-Chris

Seeing if you still have this windshield. I need it!!

Please let me know. Cell 832-858-3212