Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter Couldn't Go Any Slower

BlknYlwT22

Some people have to put there boats away during parts of the year? That sounds awful... :biggrin:

:bash: gee thanks :rant::badmood::Frustrated::cry::blowup:

Quite rubbing it in!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michigan boarder

• BlknYlwT22

• Badger

• jk13

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one of my favorite words of all time

:rofl:

Glad i can provide a chuckle.... lol. My boat will be coming out of hibernation in April sometime, then i have a ton of upgrades to do to it. PP install, Exile tower and cabin speaker upgrades, IBS install, LED install and pop up cleats to put in it as well...

This is one of my favorite words of all time

:rofl:

Quonset: Did anyone besides me have to Google it, to find the meaning?

I just came inside from leveling out my dock. It was so much easier when I could stand on the ice. :( On Saturday, I have to raise the canopy frame so the tower will go in this year.

I also want to re-arrange some dock poles. Has anyone ever done it in the winter by punching holes in the ice? Since the water at the end of my dock is over my head, I was thinking it might be easier to move the docks around in the winter.

This winter has been horrible.

I moved into my new home in November (on a lake), and watched the lake freeze, and is still frozen. It's been a very long, and snowy winter. Can't wait til I see the ice leave! The wakesetter isn't going into the lake til probably mid april, but I'll be sailing my catamaran as soon as the ice is gone. :)

Edited by Indyxc

This winter has been horrible.

I moved into my new home in November (on a lake), and watched the lake freeze, and is still frozen. It's been a very long, and snowy winter. Can't wait til I see the ice leave! The wakesetter isn't going into the lake til probably mid april, but I'll be sailing my catamaran as soon as the ice is gone. :)

similar situation here. bought a lake house in September and have had it torn up ever since. there has been nothing but work up there and haven't gotten to enjoy it at all yet. looking forward to the spring to finally have the house ready and play.

MalibuNation

Did see some signs of spring, Tue was a kildare (sp), red wing black birds and yesterday sand hill cranes. Depressing seeing all the ice fisherman on the lake still :-(

Quonset: Did anyone besides me have to Google it, to find the meaning?

I just came inside from leveling out my dock. It was so much easier when I could stand on the ice. :( On Saturday, I have to raise the canopy frame so the tower will go in this year.

I also want to re-arrange some dock poles. Has anyone ever done it in the winter by punching holes in the ice? Since the water at the end of my dock is over my head, I was thinking it might be easier to move the docks around in the winter.

I did the same thing leveling my dock and actually re-decking it a few years ago. A LOT easier standing on ice. Beer stays cold too. I didn't have to move any posts, but I've seen others do that with great success while working on the ice. Are you augering your posts or jetting them down?

So I'm just sitting here at the home page clicking refresh every 10 seconds, just checking out the random pics of the boat house and gallery. Hey there's mine!

T minus 27 days.

So I'm just sitting here at the home page clicking refresh every 10 seconds, just checking out the random pics of the boat house and gallery. Hey there's mine!

T minus 27 days.

i am guilty of looking through the boat house this week and repeatedly look at pictures of our boat on my laptop more than once.

i walked out of the house this morning and did a triple front flip.

while i thought that the winter was moving really slowly i'm sure it will really start to drag tomorrow when the pain really kicks in.

that's going to leave a mark.

pretty dreary here in the pacific northwest - had some late february snow which was a bit of a bummer for an area that typically doesn't get any snow - now it's all about the rain. made the appointment with the dealer for the 100 hour on the 25th of march and after that we'll open up the season hitting up the local lakes -

sold our lake house a couple years back - sure don't miss the work on the house and the dock...

MalibuNation

I mainly have a fair weather crew so I normally don't get the boat until the first week of May - might be a good day to call on it

Did see my first robin yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, spring was nice while it lasted. Time to think about what I'm gonna be for Halloween. Seems like I missed the whole football season.

We are spending 3/31 thru 4/9 at the lake. The warmest forecasted temp right now is 44 degrees. Not even going to bother with the boat. I might just cut the trip short and come back to work. This weather sux.

post-8942-006427200 1301487843_thumb.jpg

Well, spring was nice while it lasted. Time to think about what I'm gonna be for Halloween. Seems like I missed the whole football season.

We are spending 3/31 thru 4/9 at the lake. The warmest forecasted temp right now is 44 degrees. Not even going to bother with the boat. I might just cut the trip short and come back to work. This weather sux.

it is getting somewhat better though. Our pier went in Monday and hope to have the lift delivered here very soon. Spring will come. Supposed to be in the 50s here fairly consistently over the next 10 days.

80's coming this week...suckas.... :lol: Though March was tough since we had 23 days of rain for the month, just not something we are used to.

I have family that lives in Cali and I envy the weather they have 75% of the year.

It was my mistake, I built my vacation around a "hopefully warm" spring, as it has been in years past. Just not this year. The lift will go in, and I'll probably do some work on the boat, but I would enjoy it a lot better in a sweatshirt than a full jacket. But I doubt the boat will go on the lift, I'll play it safe for another week or two.

This is the time of year I dislike the most. Not cold enough to do anything in the snow, but not warm enough to do anything on the water. So there are really only about two 30 day time frames of the year that I don't like, and this is one of them. Otherwise I do love my Great Lakes!

We are supposed to get 8 inches of snow this Friday.

:vomit::horse::guns::rant::badmood::Frustrated::cry::blowup::help::mad:

Build a snowman....again.

I actually wouldn't mind that, at least you can do something with it! Take the kids sledding!