Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter Couldn't Go Any Slower

BlknYlwT22

Now that some warmer weather has crept in from time to time (couple days in the 50-60s) I am absolutely dying to drive the new boat. I am hoping to get it out in a week and a half and have a whole new stereo put in to the boat and have the impeller changed out. When do you guys get your boats out and what are your typical prepping routines for the summer months?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michigan boarder

• BlknYlwT22

• Badger

• Levi900RR

Now that some warmer weather has crept in from time to time (couple days in the 50-60s) I am absolutely dying to drive the new boat. I am hoping to get it out in a week and a half and have a whole new stereo put in to the boat and have the impeller changed out. When do you guys get your boats out and what are your typical prepping routines for the summer months?

I feel your pain bro. However I think I'll be waiting more than a week and half, it was -41 degrees celsius when I got off night shift at 07:00 :badmood:

Some people have to put there boats away during parts of the year? That sounds awful... :biggrin:

it is awfu.l :lol: especially since I have never gotten a chance to drive the boat.

I feel your pain bro. However I think I'll be waiting more than a week and half, it was -41 degrees celsius when I got off night shift at 07:00 :badmood:

well the boat won't be going in the water but at least i'll be able to see it and sit in it. :clap: probably won't actually go in the water until may or so.

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

We are seeing patches of open water on the lake but the boat will not come out of storage prior to the first week of April. Hope to be on the water shortly there after. We don't do a lot to the boat in the spring. The normal routine is to charge up the battery, wash and wax, look for signs of bad things that may have happened in storage, and call it good. This year I will probably take it to Edgeski for a look over and decal issue. That is pretty much the standard spring evolution. I would be interested in finding out if I am missing any important details though! The winterization process is pretty standard as well.

Hopefully, 'bu will come out of hibernation in about a month, then a month at home doing small projects and de-winterizing.

I"ll wake her up nice and gently. She loves daddy, ha. Then to the lake around May 1. She's going to sit in the water most of the summer next to her sister, which is my sister's Mastercraft.

Can't wait for some skiing and sultry summer nites just chillin'.

Steve B.

It wont be long boys, we got a one hell of a summer ahead of us!! I dream of the day of hooking up the trailer to the hitch and pulling the bu out of storage to get her back home on the lift where she belongs.

If you are up to the task, you should just do the work on your boat yourself. It is therapeutic since you get to spend time in your boat, even though it isn't on the water!

well..... considering there is about 6 feet of snow in front of the door to the quoncet where the boat is stored, i'm not getting into a panic to get her out. It is below -30 C this morning here. thank god the boat show is this weekend in Saskatoon, at least i can go and sit in some new boats...

Geoff

well..... considering there is about 6 feet of snow in front of the door to the quoncet where the boat is stored, i'm not getting into a panic to get her out. It is below -30 C this morning here. thank god the boat show is this weekend in Saskatoon, at least i can go and sit in some new boats...

Geoff

This is one of my favorite words of all time

:rofl:

I feel your pain bro, I bought my boat at the beginning of November and had to wait 4 long months. When you're sitting in the driver seat dreaming of being on the water, make sure no one's around if you decide to make engine sounds, that would be wierd :biggrin:

Just finished shovelling 8" of snow!!! Wife had the nerve to say "But, isn't it pretty?" We could really use some of that global warming up here.

Yeah, got spring fever big time. It happens every year...The river is almost ice free. The lake on the other hand...Took a trip up there last weekend, still ice fishing huts on it. Found these guys enjoying the sun about half a mile from the docks:

post-11321-072641500 1299085990_thumb.jp

Geoff

...and that's one of MY favorite words! Almost as good as Kalamazoo.

the snow is melting pretty quickly but its certainly no heat wave. more or less getting the boat out to tinker with and make sure everything is perfectly ready once it is time. with as much snow as we got this winter hopefully the lake levels are nice and high so the pier, lift, and boat can go in early. bought a new floe lift over the winter and really wanna see the new lift and new boat together.

We are finally hitting consistent mid -70's here in Central Texas. We normally will start getting out in the water around this time, but won't get in the water for another month or so. Even then it is shorty suit weather for a couple of weeks.

We are finally hitting consistent mid -70's here in Central Texas. We normally will start getting out in the water around this time, but won't get in the water for another month or so. Even then it is shorty suit weather for a couple of weeks.

i am extremely jealous. i wish it was in the 70s here. i hate having all these summer toys and having to wait to use them.

Woke up to -5 degrees this morning, getting really freaking sick of cold. I want to move to Texas!!!

You dont wanna move to Texas man. Its always windy. If you want good riding head for Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia or Florida.

You dont wanna move to Texas man. Its always windy. If you want good riding head for Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia or Florida.

I dont really care where it is as long as its above freezing for more than 4-5 months. This crap starts to get really depressing

True... and Texas is....well....Texas, you'd have to deal with Texans! :rofl:

:tomato: