Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft Parking

Bozboat

MalibuNation

2 years ago I was on my deck and a neighbor drove by in their pontoon and were waving frantically (sp) at me to come down to the lake. The bunk at the rear had come off the post it's mounted on and the boat was sitting on this post ... they were worried that it had punched a hole in the boat with so much weight on a small area (the post). Needless to say I took the boat off the lift and luckily it only had a scratch on the bottom of the boat.

2 years ago I was on my deck and a neighbor drove by in their pontoon and were waving frantically (sp) at me to come down to the lake. The bunk at the rear had come off the post it's mounted on and the boat was sitting on this post ... they were worried that it had punched a hole in the boat with so much weight on a small area (the post). Needless to say I took the boat off the lift and luckily it only had a scratch on the bottom of the boat.

Poor Boat. Realistcally besides scratching the hull it won't do massive damage. Some people or hotels have enough money not really to care, or simply aren't smart enough to know the difference.

Guys - I'm not trying to be a smart alec and maybe I"m missing the point. But besides missing some carpet, how much different are those pictures from most boat lifts? Besides carpet, about the only difference I could think of is that my rails on the lift aren't as tall, so they flex more to better distribute the weight.

Besides the lack of carpet to cradle your beloved 'Bu, the thing that bugs me is the surface area. Those one bys aren't distributing much weight over a great area. In fact, from the pics. it look like all the weight of the boat isn't even underneath the stringers (which is really where you want to support the boat's weight).

What about the boat sitting on the "lifting strake" (I think thats what it is called...and no not lifting as in out of the water...lifting as in getting the boat to ride higher out of the water), not the flat part of the hull.

What about the boat sitting on the "lifting strake" (I think thats what it is called...and no not lifting as in out of the water...lifting as in getting the boat to ride higher out of the water), not the flat part of the hull.

All the boats at our local marina pulled for the winter are a lot bigger and are sitting on a lot less... Two wood blocks in the back and one up under the bow. And even our precious bus are moved around the factory from the lifting rings, a whole lot less surface area...

I would want some carpet to prevent scratches, but if they wait for the boat to float off there should not be much of that either.

not that I would want my bu sitting on that :whistle: