Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding extra bag with directional valve

pawter1970

alright,

bought the Piggyback system (not installed yet) which is 750lbs bag with hoses and fittings, now I want to go with the Bakes system which is adding directional valve (where should I put it), drain pump and Y connector (drain). Can someone PLEASE post some kind of instalation guidelines on how to do this and not just the parts needed? Plan is to connect the extra drain pump to the factory drain pump, looking for a simple install. All the help is very appreciated, thank you :)

Ok, thanks, but i've seen these posts on the link, again it doesn't tell you the following:

-where would you place the directional valve?

-how do you connect the extra draining pump to the existing factory pump, so it is powered from the same dash switch? (guess I will need to change the 5amp breaker/fuse to a 10amp)

I guess these are the 2 questions I need answers to and the rest is pretty much straight forward.

Thanks for the help.

Go to Bakes Facebook page and they show you where to install the Y valve. I wired my pump into the drain pump wire coming off of the stern. Tied in right where a connector was for it but I opened the panels to make sure I was using the correct wires. Hope this helps

Thank you snwvdl, where about in the stern is the connector? I am sure I'll find it but just curious since I don't have the boat close to me so can't go have a quick look.

I have a false floor with 2 pop up carpeted boxes where my drain pump and fill pumps are located. (not sure what you have) my wires were tied up to the air vent hose right on the inside wall of the engine compartment and were ran down into the pop up box. I made my splice there and ran the wires down the inside of the engine compartment. How I figured it out is traced the wire from the pump closest to the stern to a point where there was exposed wire. and yes you will need to put a 10 amp fuse in to support both pumps I also bought more wire to make the run. I had a connector close to where I made my splice that I was able to unplug, turn on the pump to see if it kicked on. when it didnt kick on I determined these were the correct wires.

• 2 months later...

You mean you wired extra drain pump to existing switch that pump stock drain? Does it mean existing switch will pump both stock drain (hard tank) and extra drain (sac)?

I have a false floor with 2 pop up carpeted boxes where my drain pump and fill pumps are located. (not sure what you have) my wires were tied up to the air vent hose right on the inside wall of the engine compartment and were ran down into the pop up box. I made my splice there and ran the wires down the inside of the engine compartment. How I figured it out is traced the wire from the pump closest to the stern to a point where there was exposed wire. and yes you will need to put a 10 amp fuse in to support both pumps I also bought more wire to make the run. I had a connector close to where I made my splice that I was able to unplug, turn on the pump to see if it kicked on. when it didnt kick on I determined these were the correct wires.

If you are putting a sack in each rear compartment, do you need 2 seperate piggyback packages from bakes (one for each sac)?

Yes.