Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking to add ballast

Kutchi

I just purchased the Piggyback system which is the cheapest way, it connects to the existing hard tanks and fill up the extra sac but the more and more I read about it people say it takes forever to drain since it drains with gravity. I haven't instaled mine yet but now I am thinking of purchasing a 2 way pump and Y connect the stock ballast intake and Y connect the drain pipe. So the extra sac has it's own pump. Bakes got that system I believe.

looking to add ballast to my 23 lsv for surfing. not looking to spend much money just add a little weight. Also will need a pump.

Any suggestions??

Buy the bag and a pump to throw overboard. Not the most convenient as having it plumbed in but most functional for the money you spend in my opinion.

-Paul

I have to agree with Paul. I've been filling fatsacks manually for 15 years and although it's not the most convenient, it gets the job done. It also has the advantage of letting you really figure out where you want weight and how much of it for both surfing and wakeboarding before you commit to the additional cost of plumbing in sacks. There is a ballast group buy going on for buywake.com right now. Depending on your budget I would suggest purchasing 1-2 fly high tsunami pumps (http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/W709)

and two of the Pro X 750s (http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/W707)

For surfing you can put on 750 in the back surf side locker and the other on the seat or in the middle of the boat. Later on if you want to you can plumb both of these into the back compartments to enable quick setup for surfing on either side.

Just my two cents.... plenty of ways you could go. Good luck!

looking to add ballast to my 23 lsv for surfing. not looking to spend much money just add a little weight. Also will need a pump.

Any suggestions??

I just purchased the Piggyback system which is the cheapest way, it connects to the existing hard tanks and fill up the extra sac but the more and more I read about it people say it takes forever to drain since it drains with gravity. I haven't instaled mine yet but now I am thinking of purchasing a 2 way pump and Y connect the stock ballast intake and Y connect the drain pipe. So the extra sac has it's own pump. Bakes got that system I believe.

His LSV may not have any built in tanks depending on the Year/ Model. Sunscape will likely not have built in ballast.

:plus1: for bag and pump over the side.

That will do it, I have only owned rectangular bags... I have always thought round ones would roll around and mush small children? :dontknow:

The fly hi stuff that is on the group buy right now is well worth the premium. Those bags you linked to are cheaper because they aren't as good. You won't regret buying good bags.

Any suggestions??

Post some pics once you get it dialed in. I'll be adding some ballast bags too pretty soon.

ok im gone get in on the group buy and get 2 750lb bags, i need a pump, i saw the tsunami on buywake, and also so this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Attwood-Tsunami-T800-Livewell-Wakeboard-Ballast-Pump-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4153e48f1dQQitemZ280580362013QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

What is the difference between these other than price??

Thanks

ok im gone get in on the group buy and get 2 750lb bags, i need a pump, i saw the tsunami on buywake, and also so this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...essoriesQ5fGear

What is the difference between these other than price??

Thanks

it's a bare pump. no 12v plug. no wiring. no hose to hook it to your bag. no fittings to adapt your bag to the hose.

its' 800 gph vs. 1200.

Aside from those issues, it's basically the same as the tsunami. :innocent:

(that's called sarcasm, man. Buy the tsunami 1200 that's made for the fly highs and call it a day. It's worth it. Really)

Go to academy and buy an Atwood 1200gph Tsunami series Aerator pump. It is the actual pump Fly high uses Then get online and order the quick connect fitting to go with the fat sack.

I did this and only spent 40$ Versus 99.