Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No Forward Gear

Hey all,

Just put my '09 VTX on the water today for the first day out after she was winterized last winter.

Motor fired right up, I put it into reverse after a bit and she came off the trailer nicely. Tried to put it into forward after I was clear and the throttle moved forward without the reassuring nudge into gear and nothing happened.

Any ideas?

I was able to go back into reverse with NO problem, and the reverse gear seemed to be fine.

t

Is your boat "shift by wire"? Or does it have a cable that pushes and pulls a lever arm on the tranny? If mechanical (cable)...check the connections at the tranny and at the backside of the throttle/shift lever. If it's SBW ... :dontknow: I don't know anything about the electronic shifting mechanisms.

Is your boat "shift by wire"? Or does it have a cable that pushes and pulls a lever arm on the tranny? If mechanical (cable)...check the connections at the tranny and at the backside of the throttle/shift lever. If it's SBW ... :dontknow: I don't know anything about the electronic shifting mechanisms.

IRRC It was just one year, '08 that had the shift by wire.

Shift-by wire. I'm just going to have to take it in.

Shift by wire was 2008 and 2009, as long as you have the all chrome ZF Command control (that was recalled because of the neutral button not shifting), you have shift by wire.

If its shift by wire your shop could have forgot to clip the wire harness for the shift servo back in. We have to un-plug them to run the idle when winterizing.

They are labeled (forward & reverse) so take a look at the wiring on top of your transmission (look from the v-drive area, it will be on the Starboard side top of your transmission.

Might save you a trip taking the boat in.

-Paul