Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Non-skid deck trac

Fman

I usually don't like some of the new stuff that Malibu comes out with, then before you know it I end up liking it better. This one though, I don't see myself liking this one :vomit:

I checked out a 2011, 23 LSV with it applied literally, from the front to rear and there was way too much non-skid, it looked like a Ferrari with curb feelers! From a practical stand point, I will put it on the bow on the new boat as we use the bow alot during dock transfers. The skate board tape was great for traction, but hell on suits and butts! On the old boat I also had some glass rash from the lid constantly being opened and closed and when loading and unloading gear, so I will definately put it under there. Otherwise, it is not too attractive, and detracts from the lines of the boat.

Just saw it on the malibu website, dealer never mentioned it. It looks a little cheap like skateboard grip tape, I can see it on the tip of the bow and maybe on a portion of the side top decks for people to step on. Dont think I would run it on the entire topdeck of the boat. It would be nice if someone had some pictures of it installed.

Anyone order there boat with the Malibu non-skid deck trac? Wanted to see some more pictures than they have listed on there website. And how do you like it?

I'm not too sure about it, I liked it on the Axis Boat's since it was a "utility" type boat but on the Malibu I'm not sure.

it looked like a Ferrari with curb feelers!

LMAO... i got a good laugh out of that one....

-Paul

I'm not feelin it either.

I don't do transfers off the bow anyway. It's awkward, people seem to have more problem falling in, etc. I will pull the boat in either on the side, or off the swimstep. People can step on & off the boat much easier & safer. Done.

I saw it on an Axis at the Pleasanton boat show. It looked OK, but was not soft at all. It is also a pretty pricy option at around $400. I thought long and hard about ordering it as people will end up stepping on pretty much every topside surface of the boat over the course of many years of ownership. I had the gator grip on my Centurion and it held up well and was really soft. It make entry and exit from the boat a piece of cake and I never had to worry about where people were stepping with respect to slipping or straching the hull. Never had anyone slip in over 10 years with that boat.

I have seen many people slip on the fiberglass when getting in or out of boats at the dock especially with bare feet. I see it more of a safety issue than protection of the fiberglass. My wife went to step on the dock last summer out of a friend's Nautique and took a really nasty fall onto the dock. She had bare feet and the fiberglass was like ice from a traction standpoint.

I just ordered a large sheet of the 5mm SeaDek and plan to make my own non-skid deck pieces. The SeaDek doesn't have the Malibu logo which would have been really cool but they do make the material for the swim platform and reardeck walk over for Mailbu so it will look pretty stock. I plan to make pieces for the bow, the topside of the deck from behind the tower to the rear storage lockers (I may go all the way to the stern depending on how it looks) and the area under the hatches where the storage tray rests (to keep this area from getting scratched up). I will probably also add some to a few areas of the trailer. I like the looks of the SeaDek a lot better than the GatorGrip.

I will post some pictures once I am done with the install. I received the SeaDek material a week or so ago and the quality looks really good. The price for the large sheet is also only around $150 and the smaller sheets are about half that amount and should still cover the sides of the top deck and the bow area.

Kris

I saw it on an Axis at the Pleasanton boat show. It looked OK, but was not soft at all. It is also a pretty pricy option at around $400. I thought long and hard about ordering it as people will end up stepping on pretty much every topside surface of the boat over the course of many years of ownership. I had the gator grip on my Centurion and it held up well and was really soft. It make entry and exit from the boat a piece of cake and I never had to worry about where people were stepping with respect to slipping or straching the hull. Never had anyone slip in over 10 years with that boat.

I have seen many people slip on the fiberglass when getting in or out of boats at the dock especially with bare feet. I see it more of a safety issue than protection of the fiberglass. My wife went to step on the dock last summer out of a friend's Nautique and took a really nasty fall onto the dock. She had bare feet and the fiberglass was like ice from a traction standpoint.

I just ordered a large sheet of the 5mm SeaDek and plan to make my own non-skid deck pieces. The SeaDek doesn't have the Malibu logo which would have been really cool but they do make the material for the swim platform and reardeck walk over for Mailbu so it will look pretty stock. I plan to make pieces for the bow, the topside of the deck from behind the tower to the rear storage lockers (I may go all the way to the stern depending on how it looks) and the area under the hatches where the storage tray rests (to keep this area from getting scratched up). I will probably also add some to a few areas of the trailer. I like the looks of the SeaDek a lot better than the GatorGrip.

I will post some pictures once I am done with the install. I received the SeaDek material a week or so ago and the quality looks really good. The price for the large sheet is also only around $150 and the smaller sheets are about half that amount and should still cover the sides of the top deck and the bow area.

Kris

If you could post some pictures that would be great. I used Gator Grip on my Supra and it also held up well. I will probably do something similar, would hate to see someone take a header off the boat this year because of slippage.

I'm not feelin it either.

I don't do transfers off the bow anyway. It's awkward, people seem to have more problem falling in, etc. I will pull the boat in either on the side, or off the swimstep. People can step on & off the boat much easier & safer. Done.

:plus1:

Oh wait, I have a closed bow... :crazy: