Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lift Motor

MizzouMike

I am considering buying a lift motor. I have a Shoremaster lift, and my dock has no power. I am interested in running wire from my boat battery to the lift motor, but am not sure what I need. Also, the lift wheel is on the rear driver's side, and the battery is under the spotter seat, meaning I would have to run the wire across the boat somewhere. Any advice where to do that? Thanks in advance for your help.

I am aware of a solar charger and battery, but I am not interested in that setup. I rent the slip and cannot leave stuff sitting on the dock.

I have had good luck with the set-up you describe. I have a pig-tail that runs from the driver's side aft to about the mid point of the boat. When not in use it is easy to hide. The wire came with the motor and has worked quite well for several years now. It is certainly not the fastest way to go but it is a lot easier than manually winding that thing up!

I have had good luck with the set-up you describe. I have a pig-tail that runs from the driver's side aft to about the mid point of the boat. When not in use it is easy to hide. The wire came with the motor and has worked quite well for several years now. It is certainly not the fastest way to go but it is a lot easier than manually winding that thing up!

I sold a lift with that type of set up. The pigtail was connected to the boat battery, like an 8 foot cable. Plug the pigtail in one side of the motor to go up, plug it in another side to go down. It was slow, but it did work well. It came with the lift, it was a Great Lakes lift. Can't remember who made the motor.

http://www.hewitt-roll-a-dock.com/lifts07/winch_motors.html

I use the Hewitt2 Direct Drive. I have the AC but the DC is the same set up other then power. It was very easy to adapt to my lift and very compact.

I did not go with the remote and I would assume you would not if you are going to power from the boat. It gives you a key to operate. It also can be run with a drill motor if you lost power. A very nice setup.