Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Computron ATD Wiring harness

I need a new wiring harness with the round plug that fits directly into the main computer system. It has six wires. This is for a '95 Eschelon. Is there a place to get parts for these Computron systems?

...unless you own a Delorean and Flux Capictor....What Pete said.

Seriously, if the plastic piece is still good just make a new harness...prob cost you less than $10 from a local electronics store for the wire and pins. Check online electronics supply websites for the pins if you can find a local supplier.

I am sure someone on here could point you in the right direction.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In the past I ordered the manual off ebay, while it is fairly comprehensive I was unable to solve the myriad of problems with that system.

In the end after hours of searching and typing and wedging myself between the seat and under the dash I have come to the conclusion if I did get it working

I'd have a mediocre piece of 1993 technology. I'm biting the bullet and replacing the dash with a carbon fibre look-a-like with Faria guages including depth and air &water temp and

a Perfect Pass StarGazer Wake edition for speedo and tach.

Good luck with your Computrons, some get them to work great, even like new, and Im all for keeping things original, but sometimes `that dog just wont hunt`.

Edited by malibucanuck

I'm having a local metal shop build me a stainless copy. Cut the holes. Then I'm going to have it covered with carbon fibre looking vinyl. If I'm not impressed with the look I'll go back to polished stainless steel. I'm hoping to stay under 2G including the Perfect Pass.

I'm having a local metal shop build me a stainless copy. Cut the holes. Then I'm going to have it covered with carbon fibre looking vinyl. If I'm not impressed with the look I'll go back to polished stainless steel. I'm hoping to stay under 2G including the Perfect Pass.

Keep me updated in your progress, budget seems tight but doable.....are you going startgazer?

I am considering the same, minus the PP.

If the sun is behind you that may reflect back into your eyes...

Looking forward to seeing pics of this project :rockon:

Never thought about the sun but it could be a problem . And yes a star gazer for simplicity sake and to get away from paddle wheels and pitots.

And yes a star gazer for simplicity sake and to get away from paddle wheels and pitots.

Good for you, that is great. I am this close (insert pinching fingers icon) to doing the same. There are a lot of people that would love to see how yours turns out, total cost, part #'s, recommendations on what you like about your project or what you would do differently, challenges, etc. If you could document that process it would be extremely appreciated. Research on the computron is what brought me into this site, and a dash solution would be the bomb. And I mean diggidy.

I did my own dash, did the carbon style method as I certainly do not want any glare that you get with a polished dash (we hit the course when the sun is close to the surface so that creates a glare problem). I was adding the speed control, an analog clock and wanted to keep the two Airguides (this project was pre GPS speedos) mainly because I like having both (I now actually have a GPS that rides along also and of course the speed control will also tell you speed) and still do as I have noticed that the newer generation boats really don't provide a very accurate speed reading. The pitot/paddle wheel driven speedo's will certainly provide a more accurate across the water reading if on a body of water with a current. No Computron as the boat was not equipped with one although it has all the switches in the switch panel for one. I do like some of the Computron features, particularly the LED speed aligning lights, I keep thinking I would like to add that to my dash, any ideas from the EE crowd.

To get some simplicity and symmetry, I swapped out the 4 engine montior gauges (oil pressure, water temp, volts, fuel) with a 4-1 unit from Beede (the sending units all sent the correct signal so no changes needed there). It is the same diameter as the speed control unit so I mounted them on the left and right sides of the dash (I wanted the speed control unit on the right close to the throttle hand). Tach in center, speedos on each side and the clock and hourmeter below. The Echelon dash pod is perfect to accomodate all, in fact I personally think it is one of the best setups for size, angle, viewing of any boat I have been in. The downside is the flimsy mounting tabs for the dash panel to the pod itself, I have added several rivnuts to repair that. This was a late 90's project so it reflects what was available then along with an all black theme (carbon dash / black face gauges with white or orange needles) and no chrome anywhere.

Worthwhile project and yours should look great when finished.

Woodski.....

Got pictures?

:plus1: I would love to see that!

As would I.....

Wouldn't we all! But remember, his is the boat that doesn't exist.:Tease3: . The modified engine, the dash............