Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
killen1970

2002 Wakesetter VLX

killen1970

Not sure if I am in the right forum. I am in the ulcer causing hunt for a boat and have decided on Malibu. I can't afford to go brand new so looking at some used ones. I am currently looking at a 2002 21' VLX Tower, Tower speakers, tower lights, Boat cover, bimini top, Stereo CD with subwoofer and amp, MLS ballast system rear and center, Perfect Pass Cruise, Wedge, Board racks, Arena seating 256 hrs and the dealer is asking 35,900. How much has the VLX changed between 2002 and 2004? Also how much do you think I could expect the dealer to come off their asking price? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also do you think or know of any possible mechanical issues with that year model that I should be wary of? Thanks again.

Mark

Madmanacrossthewater
Not sure if I am in the right forum.  I am in the ulcer causing hunt for a boat and have decided on Malibu.  I can't afford to go brand new so looking at some used ones.  I am currently looking at a 2002 21' VLX Tower, Tower speakers, tower lights, Boat cover, bimini top, Stereo CD with subwoofer and amp, MLS ballast system rear and center, Perfect Pass Cruise, Wedge, Board racks, Arena seating 256 hrs and the dealer is asking 35,900.  How much has the VLX changed between 2002 and 2004?  Also how much do you think I could expect the dealer to come off their asking price?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also do you think or know of any possible mechanical issues with that year model that I should be wary of?  Thanks again.

Mark

Where are you ? I have a 2000 VLX for much less than that. I am in Indy. Sounds like alot of money to me.

Madman

Malibudude
Not sure if I am in the right forum.  I am in the ulcer causing hunt for a boat and have decided on Malibu.  I can't afford to go brand new so looking at some used ones.  I am currently looking at a 2002 21' VLX Tower, Tower speakers, tower lights, Boat cover, bimini top, Stereo CD with subwoofer and amp, MLS ballast system rear and center, Perfect Pass Cruise, Wedge, Board racks, Arena seating 256 hrs and the dealer is asking 35,900.  How much has the VLX changed between 2002 and 2004?  Also how much do you think I could expect the dealer to come off their asking price?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also do you think or know of any possible mechanical issues with that year model that I should be wary of?  Thanks again.

Mark

Welcome to the crew! That is a decent price for that boat and I wouldn't expect too much haggling on the price. It is winter an the slower time of the year so they maybe willing to deal some, but agin that is a fair price given what others are asking. The other thing to consider if you've never owned a boat before is to get all the life vests, CG required gear, skis boards at dealer cost or some reduced price. I can't remember which year they switched to the gorilla fins but that really makes the VLX handle so much better.

Chauncemaster

I've got an 02 VLX and if you get one you are going to love it. With proper weighting and speed the wake is second to none.

WakeGirl

Welcome to the site. '02 - '04 are basically the same boat, with the notable exception of '04 being the first year for the Gorrilla Fins (there are other differences between those years, but for all intents & purposes, they're the same boat). '05 was completely redesigned on the new hull.

hyperlitenerd

35k seems a bit much to me for a 4 year old boat. The vride might be a better choice? costs a few k more, but you get a new boat.

Greg_S

Kevin is selling his 04 LSV for $38,500 in the for sale section. Buy his! Its the deal of the decade, or longer.

killen1970
Kevin is selling his 04 LSV for $38,500 in the for sale section. Buy his! Its the deal of the decade, or longer.

Would be a no brainer if I did not live in Tampa Fl

jetskipro550

I am REALLY suprised that it is still for sale!

Greg_S

Would be a no brainer if I did not live in Tampa Fl

Kevin works for a dealership. Ask him how much shipping would be.