Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust Tip

5genTexan

Is there any aftermarket places that sell things like the chrome exaust tips for my RLXi? What about aftermarket Malibu parts/accessories in general?

Thanks!

Edited by 5genTexan
do they make turndowns?  i'm still interested in retrofitting these.  has anyone done it successfully yet?

I asked my salesperson about this and he said you can do it, but it costs a lot more than paying for it when you order your boat. Enough where I didn't have it done.

Eddie Marine is a great company too. I got the EMI Thunder headers from them that I put on the hot rod Sportster. Top line stuff and top line service.

What kind of result do you think Thunder headers would have on a 310 carb engine?

I want the downturns solely for the exhaust fume dissipation

WOM I think

Ditto!

What other reason would be to want them? Certainly not for looks.

Perceived benefit - piece of mind, that you're doing all you can to reduce exhaust fumes (they don't go away... just down) Dontknow.gif

Down turns = less noise behind the boat while surfing + I have never smelled exhaust. :)

My 04 LSV came without, and then when we did an engine swap we added the downturns and notice the above. Liked them enough to order them on my 05 LSV.

Stewart -

I will give ya the reduced noise.. that makes sense to me (of course, I've never surfed behind your boat.. whatup w/ that..??)

As for the smell - I don't know that I've ever really smelled it behind my boat either (w/out any tips) of course, that might just be becuase I have one of the economy motors ;)

The downturns are hard to find!

Custom Marine Inc. was the only source I could find for the downturns.

CMI Catalog Page 33, PN: 39135, $478.00

Places like CP Performance sell the straight and angle cut transom tips from Hardin Marine at less than 1/4 of the cost. The downturn is not worth the premium to me.

With a price difference like that I wonder if I was comparing apples to oranges. I know that the CMI part says that the downturns are made of Stainless Steel and have a baffle. The Hardin marine part did not specify the material but also has a baffle. I can't imagine the Hardin part is made of plated steel.

The price disparity is probably just economy of scale. Hardin sells a lot of marine parts and equipment.