Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help plumbing in surf bags!!!

jslorenz8

I currently have a 750# bag in the locker plumbed in with a piggyback system from wakemakers. I'm not that impressed with how it fills or drains and want to plumb it with it's own pumps. I've also just ordered a 370# bag for the side locker under the seats. Is it possible to plumb those 2 bags together to fill and drain together with the 2 newly installed pumps? Both bags are fly highs with 1 fitting in the bottom and 2 fittings on top.

I currently have a 750# bag in the locker plumbed in with a piggyback system from wakemakers. I'm not that impressed with how it fills or drains and want to plumb it with it's own pumps. I've also just ordered a 370# bag for the side locker under the seats. Is it possible to plumb those 2 bags together to fill and drain together with the 2 newly installed pumps? Both bags are fly highs with 1 fitting in the bottom and 2 fittings on top.

First off I am sorry that the piggy back kit is not suiting your needs. It is an easy way to integrate a bag but it has its draw backs when it comes to speed for sure.

Using one fill pump for both bags shouldn't be an issue. I would suggest something large like the Rule 1100. You can use a Tee on the fill line going into each of the bags.

You can use a 3/4" wye fitting to combine the overflow lines and you could tie that into the factory vent thru-hull using another wye.

The only issue will be the draining. I think you should have a drain pump connected to each bag. You can still tie them into the same switch but that will allow you to ensure proper draining. Those lines can also be connected with a wye and discharged out the factory thru-hull. Don't get me wrong drilling new thru-hull fittings for the AUX system would be cheaper but sometimes our customers don't want more holes in the boat.

With that said the easiest way to add this system would be to use a reversible impeller pump. They have a lot of suction and once you add up three aerator pumps, hose and fittings you can't be that much over in price.