Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Drop in carpeting

I recently bought a new malibu v-ride, that came with a drop in carpet that goes over the original one. this has to be one of the best options you could buy for your boat. I never have to worry about spilling stuff on the carpet, because if so, i can just pull it out and clean it, or replace it all-together. The only downside is the carpet doesnt fit around the drivers seat to well, and the seat cannot be moved closer to the dash. Just wondered if any people were considering it, I highly recomd it.

Edited by Moufoo

Just had a carpet saver made for my 03 RLXi by one of the guys at the TN plant. Looks like it will work well. On my winter project list is to add the snaps/fasteners.

Will post pics once completed.

Just had a carpet saver made for my 03 RLXi by one of the guys at the TN plant.  Looks like it will work well.  On my winter project list is to add the snaps/fasteners.

Will post pics once completed.

Yours has snaps and fasteners? Mine just has rubber grip teeth-things on the bottom, it just lays over original carpet

I have the drop in also. The carpet will hang up on the seat, but I just pick up the plastic piece and more the seat forward. The one bad thing is if you have to or like to remove the center ski locker drain plug then you have to move the carpet. I do take it out from time to time when the carpet get vary wet so that the original carpet can dry as well.

My 06 Wakestter is on the way and I thought I got all the options.

I guess I missed this one.

What can I expect to pay for the drop in carpet?

Thanks

Not sure of the pricing from the dealer. A carpet saver was not available from the dealer for the RLXi when I looked. When at the TN plant this summer, one of the guys down there agreed to make me one.

While it does not have a rubber backing, I wanted to go the snap/fastener route to ensure no movement while using the boat or trailering.

Edited by 2 ThumbsUp

Carpet savers are a must if you have kids - or Stoopid people who ride in your boat. $300 as listed above. Well worth it though.

The one from the factory, made by Great Lakes, has the rubber teeth plastic backing - just like the carpet saver in your car.

Mine is very heavy. I've never had a problem trailering with it. And we've trailered far. I generally stack some boards on the floor though when we trailer. It's NEVER moved while we've been in the boat. OK, I'll maybe move it an inch or so as I'm preping the boat - but really, no noticeable movement to anyone but me.

Never even considered snaps, wouldn't need them. If you're doesn't have the backing though, I'd think you'd need 'em.

Does anyone have the part number for a '05 VRide carpet saver.  My dealer is having problems finding one that fits correctly.

If the part number is on the carpet saver i could look for you, but my v-ride is in the shop being winterized Cry.gif

Does anyone have the part number for a '05 VRide carpet saver.  My dealer is having problems finding one that fits correctly.

I've had a bit of trouble getting one too. I got the P/N from "THE HORSES MOUTH" (Guy Coward... pre retirement Biggrin.gif ) for my '04 VLX. As it turned out that # was for a Sunscape and it wasn't quite right. It went back and then Mr. Sanchez took a swing.......And a miss.... This one is even bigger and fits worse. I think it's for a '05 VLX. Mike has another one on the way. Big kudos to Mike Sanchez for getting another one ordered likedy-split!!!

Oh well, I've got until Feb/Mar to get it right! :(

As I'm typing this it is dumping buckets outside..... Cry.gif

P

Edited by Faceplant409

Maybe you could order a 2004 vlx carpet saver? I think that would fit the v-ride, but Faceplant says he's having trouble finding one

The dealer tried the '04 VLX route and siad it doesn't quite fit.

Moufoo: What is your home lake? I make a couple of trips a year to Liberty for work. The lakes in the area seem really nice.

Moufoo: What is your home lake?  I make a couple of trips a year to Liberty for work.  The lakes in the area seem really nice.

My home lake is Keowaa, but when our boat isnt on our lot's dock, we trailer to Hartwell b/c it is closer. Next time you go to Liberty, you should bring you boat! Biggrin.gif

Edited by Moufoo

Moufoo: What is your home lake?  I make a couple of trips a year to Liberty for work.  The lakes in the area seem really nice.

My home lake is Keowaa, but when our boat isnt on our lot's dock, we trailer to Hartwell b/c it is closer. Next time you go to Liberty, you should bring you boat! Biggrin.gif

You think that they will let me check it??!!

Does anyone know if the make them for 2003 21XTIs?

I was ready to buy from the dealer, but then was told that it wasn't available for the RLXi. I know that it was available some models....Edwin's 01 SLXi came with it. So whether it is available for the 21XTI...who knows.

Don't want to step any dealers' toes but....If folks are having trouble getting the carpet savers, my contact at the TN plant said he would be interested in making some more. Don't know what he will charge but I paid less than the $300 amount previously mentioned.

Reply if interested and I will contact him next week.

The carpet saver I have for my 05 RLXi is not as nice as the one I have in my 01 SLXi. The SLXi version came from Tilly's Marine, has a rubber like backing on the carpet, Malibu logo embroidered behind the motor box, etc.

You think that they will let me check it??!!

Haha, thought you drove to liberty for some reason. Do you fly into GSP?