Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Family Powersports rep check

wdr

Has anyone dealt with or heard anything (good, bad or ugly) about Family Powersports in the TX. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on one of their demo boats and thought I do a little outside polling to get a feel for the dealership if possible. Thanks for any assistance anyone may offer.

Has anyone dealt with or heard anything (good, bad or ugly) about Family Powersports in the TX. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on one of their demo boats and thought I do a little outside polling to get a feel for the dealership if possible. Thanks for any assistance anyone may offer.

There are several in Texas. Which city are you dealing with?

Started talking to Logan in Weatheford, but the boat is actually in Lubboc.

Is it the solid white one they had for sale in Weatherford for a while? I don't know too much about them other than the Weatherford shop has not been selling Malibus very long. I went in there with a couple of questions about mine and decided I would stick with WSA even though it is an hour out of my way. I only have experience with the one in Weatherford and they are really nice people that are more than willing to help, but they seemed too new to the game for me to let them work on my boat, which is probably what you would expect from a new shop. I am guessing you will not be using them for service so you won't have to worry about that end of it. I used to live next door to one of their sales reps and he talked about taking their demo out, but never anything about abusing it or anything fishy like that. Talking to him, they seem legit about getting into the boat market and giving WSA a run for their money. Oh, and they treated my dad pretty good on a motorcycle he had for sale too. Not sure if any of that helps, but that is what I know.

Is it the solid white one they had for sale in Weatherford for a while? I don't know too much about them other than the Weatherford shop has not been selling Malibus very long. I went in there with a couple of questions about mine and decided I would stick with WSA even though it is an hour out of my way. I only have experience with the one in Weatherford and they are really nice people that are more than willing to help, but they seemed too new to the game for me to let them work on my boat, which is probably what you would expect from a new shop. I am guessing you will not be using them for service so you won't have to worry about that end of it. I used to live next door to one of their sales reps and he talked about taking their demo out, but never anything about abusing it or anything fishy like that. Talking to him, they seem legit about getting into the boat market and giving WSA a run for their money. Oh, and they treated my dad pretty good on a motorcycle he had for sale too. Not sure if any of that helps, but that is what I know.

No its the blk/grey/wht 2010, 23 LSV from the Lubboc shop, I just ended up calling W'ford by mistake. They are handling the p/w and passing it off to Lubboc for closing. Talking to them, it seems that Malibu wasnt too happy about the fact that they were selling Enzos along side Malibus, atleast thats what it sounded like. I was also told by the sales rep that they didn't have too much experience with Malibus at that location, so we are both hearing the same thing. I have had a very good experience so far, and with the Malibu community being the size it is, I figured the forum would be a good litmus test for all of "FP" locations. Thanks for the response.

I have had some dealings with them. I actually have a good friend who sells boats for them in the lubbock location. Always go in there and talk with him. I have never purchased a boat from them. Although, he has tempted me with some pretty good deals on a new one at times. When I was looking it was for a used boat and they had none. So I went somewhere else to get mine. As far as work or help that I have needed for fixing my boat they have been pretty helpful. I know nothing about the weatherford location. I do know the Lubbock location was bought out by Family and that's how they got to be able to sell malibu.