Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fly High W711 Sac

catcando

I'm looking at possibly integrating the W711 bag into the bow of my 21LSV. I'm curious as to the location of the fill/drain ports on the bag. Th epics I've seen show 3 on top, but I've been unable to locate one showing a true drain port. Also, How much of the bag typically drains when empty?

http://www.wakemakers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/w/7/w711_tige_rz2.jpg

Check out the pics there. Looks like all 3 are on top. I have the W706 and have not hard plumbed it because there isn't a great way to do it discretely with where the drains are located. I was toying with having a custom one made where the drain/fill line up with the cubby's on the port and starboard side so that I could run the hoses there.

Good luck!

I'm looking at possibly integrating the W711 bag into the bow of my 21LSV. I'm curious as to the location of the fill/drain ports on the bag. Th epics I've seen show 3 on top, but I've been unable to locate one showing a true drain port. Also, How much of the bag typically drains when empty?

The Fly High W711 has a drain port on the bottom of each leg, a fill on the top of each leg and a vent on the front or nose of the bag. The sac has a total of 5 ports. I add a drain pump on both legs to ensure that the water will indeed drain. If you do try to only drain from one side the water will pool up in the opposite side.

Thanks for the responses.

If you do try to only drain from one side the water will pool up in the opposite side.

This is what I assumed but I couldn't clearly see how they drained the sac.

The Fly High W711 has a drain port on the bottom of each leg, a fill on the top of each leg and a vent on the front or nose of the bag. The sac has a total of 5 ports. I add a drain pump on both legs to ensure that the water will indeed drain. If you do try to only drain from one side the water will pool up in the opposite side.

Spenser,

do u have pumps on each leg? or one pump with a tee going to the other leg? I am just going to plum in a new bow sac and was going to only use one pump.....I am not concerned if i have some pooling in the bow as I have been running a small bag up the centre last year which I never drained.

thanks

Spenser,

do u have pumps on each leg? or one pump with a tee going to the other leg? I am just going to plum in a new bow sac and was going to only use one pump.....I am not concerned if i have some pooling in the bow as I have been running a small bag up the centre last year which I never drained.

thanks

Having aerator pumps on each leg will ensure draining. If you were to use a tee to connect both sides to one aerator pump the draining will be painfully slow.

If you use a reversible impeller pump you can tie each leg together with a tee because they have quite a bit of suction.

If you don't mind lifting the one side of the sac up sometimes when you need it drained completely then the one pump will be sufficient. I would spend the extra $25 and run a pump off of each leg.

Having aerator pumps on each leg will ensure draining. If you were to use a tee to connect both sides to one aerator pump the draining will be painfully slow.

If you use a reversible impeller pump you can tie each leg together with a tee because they have quite a bit of suction.

If you don't mind lifting the one side of the sac up sometimes when you need it drained completely then the one pump will be sufficient. I would spend the extra $25 and run a pump off of each leg.

thanks..........