Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Portland Oregon Nautique Dealer Going Out

spencer

I was just cruising the Planetnautique forums came across this post. Looks like the dealer here in Portland is going out of business. I guess it isn't much of a surprise since they haven't even made it to the boat show for the last two years.

I wonder who will get the line. Now that Active Water Sports has Malibu, Supra and Moomba they are probably out. Portland Ski Boat center has MB and Mastercraft so they are probably out as well. The only two dealers I can think of are River City that currently has Cobalt or Stayton motorsports which has Tige.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/showthread.php?19331-Portland-Nautique-Dealer-Closing

Edited by spencer

Interesting. The Spokane Nautique dealer has not shown up at the boat show in a couple years either. This year they put on a boat show of their own at their own facility. The radio ads said they had "too much inventory to move to Spokane" from their shop in Hayden. But then the Yacht Club moved like 20+ boats into the show, including 2 big Carver yachts. :Doh:

Bummer that another dealer is down though. I've never owned a Nautique. Not crazy about their styling.

That is a real bummer.

Sadly a sign of the times, the economy is not getting better fast enough (if at all) to get to the disposable income segment. The people who have it are saving it so much more than before which in one sense a really good things but in another for dealers in the most economically challenged areas, it results in this kind of thing.

These boats have gotten so expensive even people with money are nervous about the future to shell out near a mortgage payment on something that could be considered a non-essential.

Hopefully things come back around someday.

Yes a real bummer. I don't remember the owners name but he was certainly a good guy and a no pressure salesman. Oregon economy still stinks. I will be lucky to have a job next school year. There is certainly a chance that I will get the axe on the next round of budget cuts. I will know more in April.

Yes a real bummer. I don't remember the owners name but he was certainly a good guy and a no pressure salesman. Oregon economy still stinks. I will be lucky to have a job next school year. There is certainly a chance that I will get the axe on the next round of budget cuts. I will know more in April.

Hope things work out for you. My son is not sure he wants to continue teaching and may go to grad school again.

They were missed at the boat show. It is getting harder and harder to compare all of the boats when dealers either don't show up or only bring the flag ships to the show. Nautique is a strong brand with a huge following and I am sure they will get someone to represent them without too much trouble.

The Oregon economy is interesting to say the least. Obama is stopping by Intel (Oregon's largest employer) tomorrow which is going to make my Friday commute not fun at all. Really not fun.

Hope things work out for you. My son is not sure he wants to continue teaching and may go to grad school again.

Thanks- I may be able to seek a PE endorsement and then I will be able to keep teaching. I love the career and after 16 yrs I don't want to change.

Pacific Natiques - that's the outfit in Auburn that also has a shop in spokane - I wonder if this fella has some plans for Oregon... Active tells me that they have had to work a bit harder for thier customers but continue to be strong... perhaps there's an opportunity...