Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing Hard Tank

skiatook_bu

I am replacing my rear hard tanks with fatsacs. I wanted to get some advice on how to hook up the vent line.

Hard Tank has

1 top vent

1 top fill line from pump

1 bottom drain line pump

FatSac

bottom plug = drain pump line

top plug = fill pump line

Where does the vent line go? Tee off the fill line I assume?

fat%20sac.jpg

I am replacing my rear hard tanks with fatsacs. I wanted to get some advice on how to hook up the vent line.

Hard Tank has

1 top vent

1 top fill line from pump

1 bottom drain line pump

FatSac

bottom plug = drain pump line

top plug = fill pump line

Where does the vent line go? Tee off the fill line I assume?

fat%20sac.jpg

I see two connections on the top of that bag, don't you?

Edited by 06vlx

I see two connections on the top of that bag, don't you?

Yes, I thought one was a larger one for connecting the tsunami pump, which I won't be using on the rear. So do these sacs come with no fittings at all - not even plugs?

Yes, I thought one was a larger one for connecting the tsunami pump, which I won't be using on the rear. So do these sacs come with no fittings at all - not even plugs?

The connections at the top of the bag are all the same, the one that looks larger is just the quick connect fitting. You will need some additional fittings, (check the group buy going on), then just connect your fill line and vent line to the top of the bag and drain from the bottom. Pretty straight forward stuff as the lines and pumps are already installed.

you don't need a vent on a bag.

i disagree, unless you want to watch the bag as it fills and manually bleed the air out.

The connections at the top of the bag are all the same, the one that looks larger is just the quick connect fitting. You will need some additional fittings, (check the group buy going on), then just connect your fill line and vent line to the top of the bag and drain from the bottom. Pretty straight forward stuff as the lines and pumps are already installed.

i disagree, unless you want to watch the bag as it fills and manually bleed the air out.

Thanks, I ordered the third set of connections.

I will put the drain in the back of the boat and cross run the vent line to the other side for surfing.

Thanks, I ordered the third set of connections.

I will put the drain in the back of the boat and cross run the vent line to the other side for surfing.

That should work really well and eliminate any overflow draining issues.

• 1 month later...

Really simple - Place the sac in the bay with bottom drain at the stern. Use bottom as drain - top rear as vent and top from as fill - this makes it easier to run the orginal fill lines from the pump to the new sac. We've installed these already last season on 2004 23 LSV - works wonders and a huge difference in the wake.

IF

you are gonna use a vent line make it the hole thats highest when filled - for me that is the most aft top hole.

Otherwise you won't vent as well.

Problem is that now the fill is in contact with water in the sac when filled and subject to siphon effect.

Don't need a vent for a bag, I don't have one. Many of us don't use them.

Here is what you do:

1. No Vent.

2. Run the Drain Line to opposite side of boat, or get a long hose and run the drain line half way up the gunnel about to where the windshield starts and back again to the thru-hull. This is to eliminate the siphon.

3. On the fill side, Run a permanent line (a pigtail if you will) from each bag about 2-3 feet long and then install your quick connect. The reason for this is so the bag doesn't exert pressure on the quick connect causing it to leak.

Edited by Ruffdog

Don't need a vent for a bag, I don't have one. Many of us don't use them.

Here is what you do:

1. No Vent.

2. Run the Drain Line to opposite side of boat, or get a long hose and run the drain line half way up the gunnel about to where the windshield starts and back again to the thru-hull. This is to eliminate the siphon.

3. On the fill side, Run a permanent line (a pigtail if you will) from each bag about 2-3 feet long and then install your quick connect. The reason for this is so the bag doesn't exert pressure on the quick connect causing it to leak.

Interesting, I ran vent lines on all of mine, however when the bags are full they first pee water out the vent however if I leave it filling they then overflow out the drain, which leads me to wonder if the drain would act as the "vent"....................