Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

good price for an 03' LSV?

nailem

what would be a good price for a 23' LSV Monsoon, PP, stock ballast, everything works but over all just below average condition i.e lots of nicks/scratches, swim deck beat up. 300hrs

I bought my 2002 23LSV a few months ago for 27k. It is in great shape with 66hrs on it. Only add on was speed pass. Everything else was stock. Hope that helps.

Chad

what would be a good price for a 23' LSV Monsoon, PP, stock ballast, everything works but over all just below average condition i.e lots of nicks/scratches, swim deck beat up. 300hrs

You might want to look in BoatTrader.com. I saw a very nice 03 Sunscape 21 LSV on there at Smooth Water Sports (this used to be my boat until I traded her in on a VTX).

so what im looking at is an 03' 23' LSV the interior is rough, no tares but stained, it has PP, factory ballast, there is a couple of tower speakers. there is a mooring but no bimini or trailering cover. there also is no trailer. the hull has a lot of scuffs and small scratches. one inch long chunk out above the rub rail. hull is a diamond and dont know how big of a deal that is. so what do you think $ ?

i have always had i/o boats but my brother-in-law bought a moomba last year and now im hooked on an inboard. i will use the boat for wake boarding and surfing and family outings. the in-law's boat is a 23' and i love the space so i dont want to go under 22'. not afraid of doing some work but price needs to be adjusted for my trouble.

thanks again.

Edited by nailem

all wakesetter LSVs have the diamond hull before 2004.

with no trailer in semi rough condition I don't think I'd personally offer more than $20k. I looked at a similar boat a couple of years ago, but it came with a trailer, and they were asking $22k.

thanks for the quick response. that what i was thinking make an offer around $19 so far i cant find a trailer for under $3500 plus another $500 for bimini and $500 for trailering cover. i also think i would want to get the seats redone about $3500??? it would be nice to find a trailer for $2500.

should i be looking for some thing with a wake hull?

i have been all over the web for about 3 months and am having a hard time finding a boat to fit my criteria. i live in the north east, i can find lots of boats in CA and TX but add in $2500+ to ship. i would drive 1000 mile for the right boat.

thanks for the quick response. that what i was thinking make an offer around $19 so far i cant find a trailer for under $3500 plus another $500 for bimini and $500 for trailering cover. i also think i would want to get the seats redone about $3500??? it would be nice to find a trailer for $2500.

should i be looking for some thing with a wake hull?

i have been all over the web for about 3 months and am having a hard time finding a boat to fit my criteria. i live in the north east, i can find lots of boats in CA and TX but add in $2500+ to ship. i would drive 1000 mile for the right boat.

Now that's low-ballin :crazy: I don't know what the seller's asking but he deserves to be low-balled for not taking care of the boat.

Do you need a wake hull, maybe I missed it but what do you plan on using this boat for (skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, tubing, kneeboarding, barefooting, watermelon skiing, etc)? Onlyinboards.com or boats.com are my favorites.

yes second paragraph of the post with the description. Mostly surfing and wakeboarding, family days at the beach. never ski.

he is asking $25k without trailer

my brother-in-law was actually near the dealership and took some video of it for me. the hull is really oxidized too. my 86' sunrunner was super oxidized when i bought it. white as chalk and i brought it make to life but in need some money off work all the hand wet sanding i have in front of me. all of the seats are stained. not sure what it is, there is small spots, big blobs of what i can best described as rust water that sat on the seats. i dont think that is what it is but thats what it looks like.

i have been looking at iboats, onlyinboards, boattrader, boats.com, wakeboarder.com since late November. looking for V-drive, 22'+ (i could be talked into a 21' if price was right, i really want the room and seating of 22'+) must have PP, ballast set-up, tower of course. any help would be appreciated.

Edited by nailem

so what im looking at is an 03' 23' LSV the interior is rough, no tares but stained, it has PP, factory ballast, there is a couple of tower speakers. there is a mooring but no bimini or trailering cover. there also is no trailer. the hull has a lot of scuffs and small scratches. one inch long chunk out above the rub rail. hull is a diamond and dont know how big of a deal that is. so what do you think $ ?

i have always had i/o boats but my brother-in-law bought a moomba last year and now im hooked on an inboard. i will use the boat for wake boarding and surfing and family outings. the in-law's boat is a 23' and i love the space so i dont want to go under 22'. not afraid of doing some work but price needs to be adjusted for my trouble.

thanks again.

My biggest concern when looking at boats as you describe is if the owner cared so little for appearance, maintenance was similarly lacking. I am all about finding a "deal", too, but I want showroom condition and a low price! :-) I will pay more for quality because it will help across the board, from pride of ownership, to lack of problems, to future resale.

Good luck!

-- Mike

yes second paragraph of the post with the description. Mostly surfing and wakeboarding, family days at the beach. never ski.

he is asking $25k without trailer

my brother-in-law was actually near the dealership and took some video of it for me. the hull is really oxidized too. my 86' sunrunner was super oxidized when i bought it. white as chalk and i brought it make to life but in need some money off work all the hand wet sanding i have in front of me. all of the seats are stained. not sure what it is, there is small spots, big blobs of what i can best described as rust water that sat on the seats. i dont think that is what it is but thats what it looks like.

i have been looking at iboats, onlyinboards, boattrader, boats.com, wakeboarder.com since late November. looking for V-drive, 22'+ (i could be talked into a 21' if price was right, i really want the room and seating of 22'+) must have PP, ballast set-up, tower of course. any help would be appreciated.

ok, then yes you'll want a wake hull for sure.

At 25K, WALK AWAY

Not worth 25 in that condition. But then again, asking price and what he'll take are two different things. I bought my 03 23lsv for 9K less than they asked for.

Try searchtempest too... great way to find boats.

I bought a 2001 23 LSV with a Dorsey trailer a few months ago for $17,500. The father kept it mechanically sound but his two sons were to take care of everything else and did not. To prove his point ,he wanted it gone before they came back from college. He accepted my offer (he was asking $24,500) as long as I took it with me that day since the boys were coming home the next day . I am having the upholstery redone, a wet sanding, adding a perfect pass and rigging for surfing. Hoping the improvements will end up running between 5K - 7K.

I bought a 2001 23 LSV with a Dorsey trailer a few months ago for $17,500. The father kept it mechanically sound but his two sons were to take care of everything else and did not. To prove his point ,he wanted it gone before they came back from college. He accepted my offer (he was asking $24,500) as long as I took it with me that day since the boys were coming home the next day . I am having the upholstery redone, a wet sanding, adding a perfect pass and rigging for surfing. Hoping the improvements will end up running between 5K - 7K.

Man, I need to find a pissed off dad who is willing to make a point at the expense of is wallet!

I would walk away as well.

I just bought a fairly mint condition 04 Wakesetter VLX for 25k. Some light oxidation on one part of the hull, and one seat has some tears in the stitching, but otherwise mint.