Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

yanmar

MARiley

That would be cool.

Two randon thoughts:

1) It's not as fuel efficient as I thought it would be.

2) Wouldn't it be nice if Indmar offered literature that came close to that level of information!

Wonder who makes the parts and the availability of them.

I haven't read the link but I can tell you Yanmar is to sailboats what Indmar or Mercruiser is to skiboats. Yanmar parts are available worldwide.

Edited by LS-One
i'd like to see thisavailable in the 23, 247, and 25lsv.

440hp, ~825 lbs of tq. and at 1180 lbs there would be no need for sacks.  and man, would that thing pull!!

That's pretty impressive, especially the torque curve.

1180 lbs? How much does the Monsoon weigh?

i'd like to see thisavailable in the 23, 247, and 25lsv.

440hp, ~825 lbs of tq. and at 1180 lbs there would be no need for sacks.  and man, would that thing pull!!

That's pretty impressive, especially the torque curve.

1180 lbs? How much does the Monsoon weigh?

not sure what a monsoon weighs but it can't be too far from a black scorpion at 373 lbs.

1) It's not as fuel efficient as I thought it would be.

I'm fairly sure the fuel usage graph is for WOT operation. It would use much less fuel in reality, unless you were going wide open of course.

I think the fuel chart shows across the entire RPM range, from ~1700 RPM to WOT.

I guess it's not that bad really. I've got a similar chart for my boat (twin 454's/320HP each) and it sucks down ~60 gal an hour WOT. So with the diesel you get more HP and slightly better fuel consumption and a lot more torque. Ok, I'll take 2! Wait, the price of diesel is still higher than regular so X that plan! Biggrin.gif