Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dock / Lift Security

Levi900RR

Here is a pic of where the house is and where the boat will sit. Its quite a ways... I have been looking for an alarm that would shoot me a txt message if it went off.

I'm about the same distance from mine now. I'd be interested in hearing what you come up with on a silent alarm that texts you. But like I said before, I've been mooring my boats for a long time & never had a problem with theft, because there isn't much in there to take. Now weather..... thats another story. I've gotten up early in the morning before work & pulled the boat out because the weather is taking a turn for the worst.

BTW, I don't keep mine on a lift. The HOA docks are floaters & need to be able to move with the lake fluctuations. Sometimes we'll come out & the wind or currents have moved the dock & all 16 boat slips a couple feet to either direction. Or late in the summer we'll have to pull the anchors up & push the whole thing out into deeper water. So a lift would have to be a floater tied to the dock. You should check your HOA for rules on this.

I keep the boat tied between 2 fingers of the dock, suspended so it can't touch at all. No need to use bumpers this way. And I use stainless carabiners to hook it up, so 3 hooks & it's in place. Makes it easy to come & go quickly. A lift would be nice, but it's not in the budget for now.

And I have my bilge pump wired directly to the battery (not thru the Perko), so I can turn the batteries off, but the bilge pump always has power.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

There are two excellent watersports areas in Columbus. They are both on the Scioto River where it is dammed up for the raw water intakes for the water treatment plants. There are a lot of really good wakeboarders and skiers on the water, and almost every boat is a MALIBU!!! :clap:

I have been dreaming of finding something on the water, but the riverfront housing is out of reach for most people including myself. A decent house (around 2,000 sf) will go for between $400,000 and $500,000 all day long, and these are the smaller houses!

For those of you who are on nice lakes that are close to where you work are lucky!! There aren't too many NICE lakes in Ohio, most are 8 feet deep on average and are LOADED with I/O's tubing all day long :Doh: We make do with what we have though!

It's a little longer drive for you, but look down at the Tennessee lakes. We have a waterfront house on Norris Lake and all our neighbors on the cove are from Ohio. You're right about the Ohio lakes. If you don't mind the drive, it is well worth it.

I lock my lift for safety not security. Even though my house is 50' from the dock I still take everything out, it stays to wet if I don't. I found this summer when I sprayed the underneath side of my canopy for the boat lift with insect repelllant before I put it on it kept the spiders away. My neighbor didn't do his & had spiders all summer, spider webs, spider crap which stains, and barn swallows dive bobming to get the spiders.