Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you ride?

hethj7

It's also interesting to see guys like Darren mentioned, especially by people not in the area. I realize Wiley's has been around a long time, just tough to grasp how far they've reached over the years, especially after seeing the shop & hangin out with them at all. I used to play frisbee golf with Darren, Grant & Stan all the time, have bought tons of gear from them, and even supported their shop computer network for a long time.

His old man, Paul, was heavily involved with Herb, Denny & Greg for a long time when they all used to make wooden skis. Not sure why they got out of it when skis went to fiberglass. But their bindings have certainly done well over the years. It's good to see them doing well after all these years. :rockon:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill_AirJunky

• Michigan boarder

• hethj7

• martinarcher

Speaking of wooden skis, we just got our boat last year and my son learned on a set of Cypress Garden woodies. We also have a set of Cut 'n Jump woodies and a set of Nash kid's woodies.

I ride a Kidder Pro Tour Graphite 65" with a rear strap.

My wakeboard is the first ever composite construction model, rather than the older blow-molded Skurfer. Bought it brand new way back when. This is it with sandal straps and heel bungees:

post-12034-017835400 1298069815_thumb.jp

I'm looking at the Slingshot Choice this year with the velcro Slingshot bindings, but am open to buying used if someone has one they want to get rid of. :whistle:

Ha! Thats funny. I have that old graphic on the garage wall today. Goes back to when my brother started working at HO in the late 80s or early 90s.

Thought about making a SkySki board out of it sometime. :rockon:

gauges1.jpg

Is that a Neon with A-pillar gauges?:crazy:

Hehe, that was my commuter car for a while. It had an oil problem so I installed an oil pressure gauge in it to keep an eye on things. I'd much rather drive my Avalanche so when I landed a job closer to home I ditched the car. :rockon:

Sky Ski LE38

Sky Ski Evo w/xtream seat rails

Sky Ski LE board

N2Orbit XXX front

Xtream Viper rear

All CinchMAX

Mrs. CT:

DSC_2908.JPG

Hydroflite Ripper

Max Air front

Modified LE rear

Me:

DSC_1501.JPG

We got a bunch of other stuff, but most of our hours are on the foils.

Cinchmax FootStays ROCK! :rockon:

There is no better. Just remember to get the little pads for them too. The velcro is a bit rough on the footsies. :crazy:

Amazing how many foils in this list. Malibunation & Michigan boarder, wish I could help you guys hook up with a rider in your area. Lots of foil riders in MN, a couple in OH & WI. Not sure why we don't know of riders in MI. Might be time to join us at a WOW! :yahoo:

BTW, Cjay, I agree. Upgrading these things is rough. It took me years to get to the ski I'm on now.... upgrading seats, boards & foils a little at a time.

I know, not as many foilers here. Couple years ago I took my boat up the Crouton/Hardy Dam area and there were a ton of Bu's there ... none on this site though. Couple of them are foilers and I was suppose to try it but everyone sat in the party cove and just drank until some thunderstorms rolled in late ... I boarded and skied, but wa a little disappointed.

Bill, that car is bitchin'

I believe the post about no fins was referring to a Slingshot board, which has no molded in fins.

Yep you are correct the Slingshot line of boards have no molded in fins. I took lessons from Josh Smith and that was one of the many things he taught me. Once you learn to edge, and I mean really edge you do not need nor will you want fins, molded in or bolted on. Your riding time will go up to because the fins are a drag and require more force to hold on to the rope.

The first few times without any fins was interesting.

-Dave

Sky Ski, 1st one Mike Murphy came out with....Hyper lite Wake Board, Liquid force Surf, an Old HO Slalom Ski , My Feet ( When I was Younger)..Colman Cooler...Long Story on that one....And A Twin air Mattress...Ok one year we were at Shasta Lake for 2 weeks and got board so we tried to ride anything that floats......

I'm LMAO about what you have ridden over the years. It's amazing how creative you can get when your buddies egg you on. My personal best was a paddle. Everyone thought it looked pretty cool with the handle sticking way up in the air infront of me.

I like riding my HO System 8 best of all. Tight, tight, tight.

We pretty much only ride our foil, it's an LE38 with Cinch foot stays and lap belt, max air front wing and bat rear wing. We slalom ski a couple times a year and that's it, the foil is WAY more fun!

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Wakeboard: Slingshot Response, handles both wake and cable. Looking to add a wake only board this year.

Surf: Getting a Liquid Force Fish for beginner board

i have a slingshot recoil 142 and WOW... my 3 other boards haven't been touched (by me) since i got it. It's even an awesome beginner board because it's ultra easy to get up on. (i's hideous looking though. a time bomb graphic... are we back in the 80's?)

Edited by scott_fx