Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

reupholstering advice

It's time for me to give my interior i little make over. When i purchased the boat 3 years ago there were a couple tears in the vinyl and some staining from sunscreen/tan lotions. The two options i am considering is going with one of the guys that works for malibu and have him send me the skins or have a local (reputable) boat upholstery place do the whole job.

my current interior looks like this:

208.jpg

it's very dated and i wanted to go with a color scheme and accent pieces like this:

537.jpg

i'd also like to add a bow filler cushion and possibly remove the table and replace it with a seat.

I'd prefer to have one place do it all in case there is a problem. i'd rather not have to be the middle man or foot the bill for a mistake i had made. But would going with the malibu skins be a far superior option?

also any advice, ideas or suggestions that i should be aware of would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

scott

If you have a REAL good shop local to you. I would have them order the material from Malibu and have them do the entire job.

You better back this thread up with some pics this spring! :rockon:

thanks for the suggestion. i'll do some more research on them.

I will post pics if i can get this all arranged and it's not incredibly expensive.

He gave me a rough estimate of about $3500. that includes (to my knowledge) replacing the table with a seat and a bow filler cushion. as long as the wood is good and we keep the carpet.

does this sound about right? i was thinking it'd be around $3k so im ok with that price if it included adding the extra cushions

I think for right around that amount you could have malibu make the skins and that shop could put them on for you. How much time you got and how handy are you? There's only a few (driver seat, rear seatback etc.) skins that are really hard to install yourself. It just takes a $30 Stanley stapler from Lowes, some stainless steel staples, and a hair dryer. Could save a bunch ordering the skins from malibu and installing the easy ones yourself.

If you're interested read this

Edited by Ndawg12

thanks ndawg for your link. im pretty handy but i dont have a lot of free time lately (im at work right now on saturday) and i dont want to get halfway done and realize that i should be doing this :)

Another question. the bow filler cushion. how does that mount to the boat?