Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution covers

badblake

The FedEx man just dropped off my Evolution Cover. That was fast just over two weeks. I wanted one for a few years and man you can just feel the quality. I am so stoked. Can't wait to pull the Bu out of the garage. Man my cats going to be pissed when it can't get into the boat this year. I caught him in there three times last year, he was down to his last six lives.

The FedEx man just dropped off my Evolution Cover. That was fast just over two weeks. I wanted one for a few years and man you can just feel the quality. I am so stoked. Can't wait to pull the Bu out of the garage. Man my cats going to be pissed when it can't get into the boat this year. I caught him in there three times last year, he was down to his last six lives.

Cool..mine should be here shortly as well!

Looks like a great cover!

One question, does anyone know if they can make one with longer side panels? My boat will be sitting the lift, and even under the canopy, one side will be facing the sun, which makes me worried about sun fade.

If I had a cover that went down to the water line on the hul,, that'd help a ton!

One question, does anyone know if they can make one with longer side panels? My boat will be sitting the lift, and even under the canopy, one side will be facing the sun, which makes me worried about sun fade.

If I had a cover that went down to the water line on the hul,, that'd help a ton!

Congrats to all the new Evolution customers, best money I've spent on the bu :thumbup:

Your best bet would be to call Cory but I doubt it, seems like it would compromise the trailering aspect and I don't think he's a fan of installing removable parts on his covers. I think a consistent waxing routine would be your best bet and a evo cover : thumbup:

Edited by Ndawg12

Rather than chance a problem with a good boat cover design, just add an extension to your canopy. Very easy to do, any local canvas shop can do it. Does the sun shine on the side that you would get on the boat from? I've seen them made as roll-up extensions too for that reason.

Congrats to all the new Evolution customers, best money I've spent on the bu :thumbup:

Your best bet would be to call Cory but I doubt it, seems like it would compromise the trailering aspect and I don't think he's a fan of installing removable parts on his covers. I think a consistent waxing routine would be your best bet and a evo cover : thumbup:

Didn't he add a zip on swimstep addition to someone's cover a while back? Might be possible with the side too. Worth a call anyway. Or adding it to the boat lift canopy might be do-able too. Seems like either method might be a problem in the wind though.

Didn't he add a zip on swimstep addition to someone's cover a while back? Might be possible with the side too. Worth a call anyway. Or adding it to the boat lift canopy might be do-able too. Seems like either method might be a problem in the wind though.

Cory made a swim step cover for my boat, but it isn't attached to the main cover. It has elastic around the bottom and just cinches around the platform.

Mine should be here this week too! Cory told me he has added some new features for 2011's so I am excited to see what they are. Never asked him but does anyone know if they make speaker covers? :dontknow:

Mine should be here this week too! Cory told me he has added some new features for 2011's so I am excited to see what they are. Never asked him but does anyone know if they make speaker covers? :dontknow:

He doesn't do speaker covers. Better stick with screamin sacs or speakersox.

That's what's cool about Cory he's constantly trying to turn out a better product. He's obsessed with quality.

He doesn't do speaker covers. Better stick with screamin sacs or speakersox.

That's what's cool about Cory he's constantly trying to turn out a better product. He's obsessed with quality.

Yep and somehow he manages to keep his prices fair too. :thumbup: Where would I find Screamin sacs or speakersox? :dontknow:

Yep and somehow he manages to keep his prices fair too. :thumbup: Where would I find Screamin sacs or speakersox? :dontknow:

http://jobesstudios.com/screamin_sacs/index.php (screamin sacs)

http://www.speakersox.com/home.htm

I've had both and prefer the screamin sacs myself, others prefer the speakersox. I had good customer service from both. Check them out and choose which you like he best.

http://jobesstudios.com/screamin_sacs/index.php (screamin sacs)

http://www.speakersox.com/home.htm

I've had both and prefer the screamin sacs myself, others prefer the speakersox. I had good customer service from both. Check them out and choose which you like he best.

:plus1:

I bought speakersox because they had a better price with the crew discount, customer service was great but after just 1 season they're faded. Structurely they're great but I paid extra for the 303 treatment and added another coat myself as well. Not sayin screamin sacs are better but I'm a little disappointed in the speaker sox.

keep us posted; i'm curious to find out what is new here.

One of the changes for 2011 Cory told me about was he was putting some extra reinforcement on the cover where it hooks over the front of the bow. The goal was to make the cover a little stiffer at this point so that a person can stand in the boat and throw the cover over the bow and it would catch without slipping off, making it easier for one person to install the cover.

I also think he said he was adding extra padding where the cover contacts any of the vinyl interior. I can't remember for sure though, he may have already done this so don't quote me on this one.

One of the changes for 2011 Cory told me about was he was putting some extra reinforcement on the cover where it hooks over the front of the bow. The goal was to make the cover a little stiffer at this point so that a person can stand in the boat and throw the cover over the bow and it would catch without slipping off, making it easier for one person to install the cover.

I also think he said he was adding extra padding where the cover contacts any of the vinyl interior. I can't remember for sure though, he may have already done this so don't quote me on this one.

Cory will be adding a d-ring hook so I can use a bungee and attach it to the tower. Not really necessary but a added piece of security incase my boat is sitting for weeks and there are heavy rains. He is also supplying material for the gas cutouts and I will have a local show sew the plastic pull out cleat attachments ( they come with the stock BU tarps). Also different color material under the nose so it makes it easier to find when installing.

What kind of price range are the Evolution Covers?

Mine was $760 including delivery. This was a pre New Years Promotion and I think the regular price was around $850. These covers are a few hundred more than the Malibu covers but IMO much better. :thumbup:

Mine was $760 including delivery. This was a pre New Years Promotion and I think the regular price was around $850. These covers are a few hundred more than the Malibu covers but IMO much better. :thumbup:

The malibu covers are over $1,000 for the newer boats aren't they?

Edited by 06vlx

Mine was $764 delivered with the Crew Supporter discount. Your best bet is to give Cory a call and give him the details of your boat and he will come up with a price for you.