Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Storing kneeboards on G3 Tower

Fman

Does anyone know if there is a way to fit a kneeboard in a G3 Tower mount? I usually carry a couple on the boat for kids that are not able to wakeboard.... the surf/wakeboard rack splines will not fit a kneeboard in them. Was not sure if there are any other mounts available that people know of that would accomodate a kneeboard? I checked on the Bakes Marine website and they have 4" kneeboard spline for titan racks available but they are not compatible with the G3 swivel racks.

My Supra had the Z-5 rack, which I am really going to miss, you could pack a lot of gear on that sucker.... and Z-5 unfortunately does not offer a rack for the G3 tower at this time.

Thanks for any input.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fit a kneeboard in a G3 Tower mount? I usually carry a couple on the boat for kids that are not able to wakeboard.... the surf/wakeboard rack splines will not fit a kneeboard in them. Was not sure if there are any other mounts available that people know of that would accomodate a kneeboard? I checked on the Bakes Marine website and they have 4" kneeboard spline for titan racks available but they are not compatible with the G3 swivel racks.

My Supra had the Z-5 rack, which I am really going to miss, you could pack a lot of gear on that sucker.... and Z-5 unfortunately does not offer a rack for the G3 tower at this time.

Thanks for any input.

Fman,

I just got off the phone with Luke at Star One and we're going to work on a adapter plate to adapt any of these forks to work on the stock Malibu G3 Racks. Not sure on cost yet since we still need to figure out time,materials and machining but we should be able to adapt forks to the G3 in the next week or two. Stoked to get this going since there is no other rack options available for the G3 from Malibu yet.

I will keep you posted and let you know what we come up with.

Thanks!

-Paul

Fman,

I just got off the phone with Luke at Star One and we're going to work on a adapter plate to adapt any of these forks to work on the stock Malibu G3 Racks. Not sure on cost yet since we still need to figure out time,materials and machining but we should be able to adapt forks to the G3 in the next week or two. Stoked to get this going since there is no other rack options available for the G3 from Malibu yet.

I will keep you posted and let you know what we come up with.

Thanks!

-Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the update, that would be great if you could order the full swivel mechanism with a different spline to store the kneeboards/thicker surfboards. Please keep us updated.

Travis

Paul,

Thanks for the update, that would be great if you could order the full swivel mechanism with a different spline to store the kneeboards/thicker surfboards. Please keep us updated.

Travis

agreed

Paul,

Travis

I will let you know what we come up with... If you don't hear from me drop me a PM and check in. I feel like I've got 50 irons in the fire right now.

Thanks Travis!

• 1 year later...

This is how I do it, works well.

just lay it strap down, on top of a surf board...bungee over the whole thing. I see absolutely no need to buy anything or make any modicfications. only kicker with this, is if you bring the knee board, you gott bring a surf board to lay it on.

7585489400_7e7ea6c61c_c.jpg

Edited by nyryan2001

That is a great idea just stacking the knee board on top. We had a rider bring one for the first time yesterday and just tossed it in the bow...I had never ridden one before; different to say the least. It was an OLD board (no newer than the late 80's...more like early 80's), missing the fin, very flat bottom, foam was nearly flat, no handle hook...not a good board to learn on!

This is how I do it, works well.

just lay it strap down, on top of a surf board...bungee over the whole thing. I see absolutely no need to buy anything or make any modicfications. only kicker with this, is if you bring the knee board, you gott bring a surf board to lay it on.

7585489400_7e7ea6c61c_c.jpg

Tried this on the weekend. Worls good. Only one issue. Our good kneeboard has extra thick foam and the forks punctured it. I just flipped it over and it was so nice to get them off of the floor.

Sorry to hear that.... as you can see, mineis on the foam...never had an issue. I think the thick thigh strap provides the room necessary to keep that from happening. You cant see it in this pic, bu there is a doubled over 4" velcro knee strap in between the kneeboard and the surfbord there.

also, once you get it in there bunggeed in....wiggle the knee board and surfboard back and forth to set it in place, and widen out the bungess as far as possible. Very solid even over the roughest water.