Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 Response LXL ballast wiring ??

shaneandnae

hi evereone we have a 2010 response lxi i am looking to put 150kg (300ish lb ) in the rear locker

i know i have to reinforce the rear locker on top of the fuel tank my main question is how to wire

the pumps im thinking one for filll with the fill feed taken from the rear bung and the empty pump discharging through

the bilge pump outlet with one way valves to stop any back feeds as to not have to drill any holes in the boat

when looking under the dash in the medalion box i noticed terminals for l.rear /fill l.rear/empty r.rear/fill /r.rear/empty center/fill center/empty

front/fill front/empty ect. so im guessing its the same module as a wakesetter. I played around with the mux switches

and programed a mls rear button will this operate both l and r rear pump outputs and are the out puts +switched with a comon -

the pumps im looking to use are 31lm (8G m ) impeller pumps drawing 7amps . any advice will be greatly apreaciated

Thanks Shane and Nae

Edited by shaneandnae
  • 3 weeks later...
jkendallmsce

hi evereone we have a 2010 response lxi i am looking to put 150kg (300ish lb ) in the rear locker

i know i have to reinforce the rear locker on top of the fuel tank my main question is how to wire

the pumps im thinking one for filll with the fill feed taken from the rear bung and the empty pump discharging through

the bilge pump outlet with one way valves to stop any back feeds as to not have to drill any holes in the boat

when looking under the dash in the medalion box i noticed terminals for l.rear /fill l.rear/empty r.rear/fill /r.rear/empty center/fill center/empty

front/fill front/empty ect. so im guessing its the same module as a wakesetter. I played around with the mux switches

and programed a mls rear button will this operate both l and r rear pump outputs and are the out puts +switched with a comon -

the pumps im looking to use are 31lm (8G m ) impeller pumps drawing 7amps . any advice will be greatly apreaciated

Thanks Shane and Nae

HAve you had any luck with your question?

I am looking at installaing a sac in the bow locker and using a reversable pump to fill and empty. Not sure how much weight I can add, but when experimenting with ballast, adding weight up in the bow helps out alot. And now that Malibu installed a plug in the locker, yes it came from the factory w/o a plug in the bow locker. I am looking for a custom made sac that would fit into the locker.

The problem is that adding any ballast to the bow area, makes it much easier to swamp the boat. SO being able to fill and empty the bow ballast with the flip of a switch, seems to make life easier on the bilge pump. And using the bow locker keeps it out of the way. Specially since I don't use the bow locker.

I have had more luck with adjusting the wedge to create more and a better defined wake. By leaving the wedge as high as possible, rather than all the way down, the wake is cleaner and more defined (not sure what all the termonology for wakes are).

Edited by jkendallmsce

this is the reply i recived to the same post on wake.com.au

Hi mate, you should be able to run the pumps off the mux switches. The mux box (the one with all the fuses in it) will supply a power the the pump, you can use the bus bar up under the dash for the negative.

it might be a good idea to use relays for the pumps as the standard mls pumps use a 5 amp fuse. running a higher current through that circuit in the mux box may cause damage

if you need any more advice you can call me at All Aussie Inboards

Cheers Neal

hope this helps