Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Eng Fault

The boat is a 2007 vlx with a brand new motor and ECU from warranty. It now has 11 hours on the new motor and every now and then "ENG FAULT" pops up on the dash. Checked all gauges and looked over everything couldnt find anything out of the ordinary. When i turn it off, it go away.

Anybody have any ideas on what this means or if i should be worried about it. I do not have any dealers anywheres near me, as far as i know the nearest dealer is, is about a 13 hour drive. I dont have the boat now, it is in storage so i cant have a look at it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Everyone

Kirk

The boat is a 2007 vlx with a brand new motor and ECU from warranty. It now has 11 hours on the new motor and every now and then "ENG FAULT" pops up on the dash. Checked all gauges and looked over everything couldnt find anything out of the ordinary. When i turn it off, it go away.

Anybody have any ideas on what this means or if i should be worried about it. I do not have any dealers anywheres near me, as far as i know the nearest dealer is, is about a 13 hour drive. I dont have the boat now, it is in storage so i cant have a look at it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Everyone

Kirk

I've had that before. It was the ground wire on the engine coming loose. Check that and make sure it's tight. Maybe they didn't tighten it up enough when they did the swap. They can come loose over time anyways.

Perfect!!!! Ilove pictures, makes it idiot proof!

Thanks Pistol Pete!

You're welcome Big K.

I'm starting to get a name for myself on this board as the guy with the pics. with all the red arrows.

If you aren't busy watching the game right now, you could kill 15 mins. watching these vids I made. You might learn some more stuff.

You're welcome Big K.

I'm starting to get a name for myself on this board as the guy with the pics. with all the red arrows.

If you aren't busy watching the game right now, you could kill 15 mins. watching these vids I made. You might learn some more stuff.

Pistol Pete, thx for posting the videos, I have different boat & different engine, but still nearly idetical.

• 3 months later...

I tried tightening up the bolt cleaned it all up, it was all brand new. Still pops up every now and then.

Any other ideas?

Thanks !

• 2 months later...

This eng fault keeps poping up every now and then. I go through the menu and click "read fault" but nothing comes up. do i need to plug the boat into a computer to read the fault codes? Also it seems to be burning through a little bit of oil would this have somthing to do with the fault code? There is synthetic 5w30 in the motor.

Thanks!